Bruce Springsteen Returns to London Hard Rock Calling Festival
Rock legend Bruce Springsteen returns to the London Hard Rock Calling Festival this year, headlining the June 30, second night show of the two-day event. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee agreed to perform again at the festival after authorities pulled the plug on his "Twist & Shout" duet with Sir Paul McCartney last year for violating a curfew.
Springsteen will be backed up again by his The E Street Band "to finish what they started," according to festival organizers LiveNation, in reference to their interrupted performance last summer. Hard Rock International CEO Hamish Dodds adds that they have invited them back to "make history again" after their encore with the ex-Beatle was unceremoniously cut.
Springsteen and his band are somewhat bringing their "The Wrecking Ball Tour" to the annual music fest, as they are expected to dish out some of their biggest hits in a high-energy, all-out rock performance. LiveNation and Hard Rock Calling are moving this year's festival from its former stage at Hyde Park to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to avoid noise restrictions and problems with cost and logistics.
Before The Boss takes the stage, Kasabian will headline the June 29 show which includes Paul Weller as special guest. Other acts slated to perform in what is touted to be one of the biggest Hard Rock Callings to date are Miles Kane, Kodaline, The Black Crowes, Alabama Shakes, and The Cribs.
- Ten Times Chrissy Teigen Trolls Donald Trump on Twitter
- Yolanda Hadid Who? David Foster Enjoys Romantic Italy Getaway With Elizabeth Hurley
- 'The Star' First Teaser Trailer Tells the Story of Christmas From Different Perspective
- Too Fat! Top Doc Says Mariah Carey Risks Heart Disease After Ballooning to 263 Pounds
- Girls' Generation's Tae Yeon and Hyoyeon Call Out NCT Stalkers on Instagram Story
- Jon Hamm Is a Hologram Husband in Eerie Trailer for Sci-Fi 'Marjorie Prime'
- Kendall Jenner Tries to Win Harry Styles Back by Posting Racy Photos on Social Media
- One Dead, Seven Injured After Ride Malfunctions at Ohio State Fair