Bruce Springsteen Returns to London Hard Rock Calling Festival
Rock legend Bruce Springsteen returns to the London Hard Rock Calling Festival this year, headlining the June 30, second night show of the two-day event. The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee agreed to perform again at the festival after authorities pulled the plug on his "Twist & Shout" duet with Sir Paul McCartney last year for violating a curfew.
Springsteen will be backed up again by his The E Street Band "to finish what they started," according to festival organizers LiveNation, in reference to their interrupted performance last summer. Hard Rock International CEO Hamish Dodds adds that they have invited them back to "make history again" after their encore with the ex-Beatle was unceremoniously cut.
Springsteen and his band are somewhat bringing their "The Wrecking Ball Tour" to the annual music fest, as they are expected to dish out some of their biggest hits in a high-energy, all-out rock performance. LiveNation and Hard Rock Calling are moving this year's festival from its former stage at Hyde Park to the Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park to avoid noise restrictions and problems with cost and logistics.
Before The Boss takes the stage, Kasabian will headline the June 29 show which includes Paul Weller as special guest. Other acts slated to perform in what is touted to be one of the biggest Hard Rock Callings to date are Miles Kane, Kodaline, The Black Crowes, Alabama Shakes, and The Cribs.
- 'The Voice' Battle Round Night 4: Coaches Round Out Teams of 8. See Who Makes the Cut!
- Missing His Family? Brad Pitt 'Secretly Joined' Angelina Jolie and Kids on Recent Cambodia Trip
- First Gloomy Footage of 'Annihilation' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- 'Bones' Showrunner on Series Finale: 'It's the End, but It's Not the End'
- Spider-Man May Leave Marvel Cinematic Universe After 'Spiderman: Homecoming' Sequel
- Harry Styles to Make Debut as Solo Artist on 'Saturday Night Live'
- Amy Poehler and Nick Offerman Reunite for NBC's Competition Series 'Handmade Project'
- Mila Kunis Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body, 4 Months After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri