Carrie Fisher Confirms Her Return in 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Ever since Disney announced its plan to make a new "Star Wars" trilogy, rumors have swirled regarding the involvement of the original cast members. Carrie Fisher has just confirmed that she's going to reprise her role as Princess Leia in "Star Wars Episode 7".
Carrie revealed in an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated that she would return as Luke Skywalker's sister. "Yes," she simply responded when asked about whether or not she would join the Disney project to be directed by J.J. Abrams.
Carrie joins Harrison Ford who has signed on to return as Han Solo. Meanwhile, Mark Hamill hasn't confirmed if he will reprise his role as Luke Skywalker in the upcoming film.
Michael Arndt, the Academy Award-winning screenwriter for "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3", is going to write the screenplay. The plot is not yet revealed, but rumors said "Star Wars Episode 7" would focus on the next generation of the Skywalker clan.
Carrie Fisher is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia in the original "Star Wars" trilogy. She also wrote bestselling novel "Postcards from the Edge" and screenplay for a film of the same title. She was last seen on the big screen in "Sorority Row" in 2009.
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App
- 'Annabelle' Sequel Gets New Title
- Kim Kardashian Doesn't Want Her Daughter North West to Be Managed by Kris Jenner
- Anne Hathaway's Dress at 'Colossal' Premiere Is So Awkward She Couldn't Sit in It
- Jeremy Renner's Hawkeye May Appear in 'Ant-Man and the Wasp'