Carrie Fisher Confirms Her Return in 'Star Wars Episode 7'
Ever since Disney announced its plan to make a new "Star Wars" trilogy, rumors have swirled regarding the involvement of the original cast members. Carrie Fisher has just confirmed that she's going to reprise her role as Princess Leia in "Star Wars Episode 7".
Carrie revealed in an interview with Palm Beach Illustrated that she would return as Luke Skywalker's sister. "Yes," she simply responded when asked about whether or not she would join the Disney project to be directed by J.J. Abrams.
Carrie joins Harrison Ford who has signed on to return as Han Solo. Meanwhile, Mark Hamill hasn't confirmed if he will reprise his role as Luke Skywalker in the upcoming film.
Michael Arndt, the Academy Award-winning screenwriter for "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Toy Story 3", is going to write the screenplay. The plot is not yet revealed, but rumors said "Star Wars Episode 7" would focus on the next generation of the Skywalker clan.
Carrie Fisher is best known for her portrayal of Princess Leia in the original "Star Wars" trilogy. She also wrote bestselling novel "Postcards from the Edge" and screenplay for a film of the same title. She was last seen on the big screen in "Sorority Row" in 2009.
More Star Wars: The Force Awakens News
- 'The Walking Dead' Alternate Take on Negan Kills Leaks Online
- Michael Fassbender Reveals New Name of Xenomorphs in 'Alien: Covenant', New Details Leak
- Kim Kardashian Drops Lawsuit After Tabloid Apologizes for Fake Robbery Claims
- Pharrell Releases Two New Songs From 'Hidden Figures' Soundtrack
- 'Dancing with the Stars': Maureen McCormick Is Eliminated, Sharna Burgess Dances Through Injury
- Margot Robbie Close to Joining 'Peter Rabbit' Movie
- Suge Knight Accusing Dr. Dre of Hiring a Hitman to Kill Him
- Report: Cara Delevingne Is Dating Dakota Johnson