Barbara Walters Reveals She Got Chickenpox From Frank Langella
"The View" host Barbara Walters revealed the identity of the "well-known" actor who made her contract chickenpox. On Tuesday, March 5, Barbara confirmed that she got chickenpox from Frank Langella. The 85-year-old host revealed, "It was Frank Langella." She added, "By the way, Frank pointed out that he is over his shingles."
Barbara's co-host Joy Behar joked, "But I would like to point out that Frank Langella once played Dracula so you're lucky he didn't suck your blood." Another co-host Elisabeth Hasselbeck replied, "Or did he?" The other co-host Sherri Shepherd added, "And now that Frank is over his shingles and you're over your chicken pox you guys now can kiss and make up."
Barbara was back to "The View" on Monday, March 4. On her first show after long absence, she declared that she was healthy again, "After a lot of scratching and rest, I am fine and I am healthy." In addition, she revealed how she got chickenpox from the then-unnamed actor, "I gave him a New Year's hug and a kiss on the cheek. The next day he left. What he didn't know then, and I didn't know at all, was that he was about to develop a bad case of shingles."
Previously, Barbara was off from the show for almost two months after she fell at a party in Washington and injured her head during Obama inauguration week. She was briefly hospitalized and later diagnosed with chickenpox.
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'
- Mila Kunis Flaunts Baby Bump at 'Bad Moms' L.A. Premiere
- Aaron Rodgers Finally Addresses Brother Jordan's 'Bachelorette' Gig and Family Estrangement
- Lupita Nyong'o Reveals 'Black Panther' Plot Details