Edward Furlong Sentenced to Six Months in Jail for Probation Violations
Edward Furlong is sent back into jail. The "Terminator 2" actor, who is battling drug addictions and has been arrested for DUIs, is sentenced to 180 days in prison for violating his probation stemming from a 2010 conviction of ignoring court's order to stay away from then-wife Rachael Kneeland following a domestic-violence case.
"Despite the best efforts of my office, and with the cooperation of the City Attorney and the Court in this case, Mr. Furlong had the opportunity to avoid Jail in a deal my office worked out which would of resolved not just this case but two other criminal cases in Beverly Hills, by checking himself into a drug rehabilitation program, a very unusual disposition in a case that alleged violence," his lawyer Brian Michaels tells E! News.
The attorney adds, "Sadly, Mr. Furlong rejected all proposals to get into drug rehabilitation, and the Court, ultimately decided that it was forced to sentence to him a hefty amount of jail time. We are hopeful that Mr. Furlong uses this experience, unpleasant as it may be, to revisit the issue of Rehab when he is released."
Furlong, 35, was banned from coming near Kneeland after allegedly punching and threatening her in 2009. He was later placed on 3-year probation after ignoring the court's order. In the past few months, he has been arrested twice for roughing up his ex-girlfriend Monica Keena. He also violated restraining order that banned him from contacting her.
Superior Court Judge Dennis Mulcahy ordered officials not to release the actor early or give him credit for time served, but jail records revealed he could be freed as early as May.
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series
- Pregnant Alanis Morissette Completely Naked in This Beautiful Underwater Photo
- Video: Lady GaGa and Caitlyn Jenner Among 49 Stars Honoring Orlando Shooting Victims
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand