Kate Middleton Hints at Sex of Her Baby
Kate Middleton, 31, accidentally gave a hint about her baby's gender during her visit to the National Fishing Heritage Centre in Grimsby, England on Tuesday, March 5. When she was given a teddy bear by a local well-wisher, Diane Burton, Kate, who is five months pregnant, said, "Thank you, I'll take that for my d--," and abruptly stopped herself from finishing the sentence.
The unfinished statement was overheard by Sandra Cook, 67, who was standing next to Diana. Sandra then asked for confirmation, "You were going to say 'daughter', weren't you?" and the blushing duchess replied, "No, I don't know." Sandra tried to confirm her prediction once again, saying, "Oh, I think you do," and Kate coyly replied, "We're not telling," while happily clutching the teddy bear gift.
The decision not to reveal the sex of the baby in advance is a royal tradition that has been preserved for years in the royal family. A formal announcement regarding this will only be made soon after the baby is born.
Previously, speculations on the royal baby's gender and name had already mounted, favoring girl for the gender and either "Elizabeth" or "Diana" for the name. A South African genetic expert had even created drawings of how the unborn child would probably look like as a toddler and teenager.
If the baby is indeed a girl as predicted, she will be given the title Princess as ordered by Queen Elizabeth II. Kate is due to give birth in July.
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke