Kate Middleton Hints at Sex of Her Baby
Kate Middleton, 31, accidentally gave a hint about her baby's gender during her visit to the National Fishing Heritage Centre in Grimsby, England on Tuesday, March 5. When she was given a teddy bear by a local well-wisher, Diane Burton, Kate, who is five months pregnant, said, "Thank you, I'll take that for my d--," and abruptly stopped herself from finishing the sentence.
The unfinished statement was overheard by Sandra Cook, 67, who was standing next to Diana. Sandra then asked for confirmation, "You were going to say 'daughter', weren't you?" and the blushing duchess replied, "No, I don't know." Sandra tried to confirm her prediction once again, saying, "Oh, I think you do," and Kate coyly replied, "We're not telling," while happily clutching the teddy bear gift.
The decision not to reveal the sex of the baby in advance is a royal tradition that has been preserved for years in the royal family. A formal announcement regarding this will only be made soon after the baby is born.
Previously, speculations on the royal baby's gender and name had already mounted, favoring girl for the gender and either "Elizabeth" or "Diana" for the name. A South African genetic expert had even created drawings of how the unborn child would probably look like as a toddler and teenager.
If the baby is indeed a girl as predicted, she will be given the title Princess as ordered by Queen Elizabeth II. Kate is due to give birth in July.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off