Kate Middleton Hints at Sex of Her Baby
Kate Middleton, 31, accidentally gave a hint about her baby's gender during her visit to the National Fishing Heritage Centre in Grimsby, England on Tuesday, March 5. When she was given a teddy bear by a local well-wisher, Diane Burton, Kate, who is five months pregnant, said, "Thank you, I'll take that for my d--," and abruptly stopped herself from finishing the sentence.
The unfinished statement was overheard by Sandra Cook, 67, who was standing next to Diana. Sandra then asked for confirmation, "You were going to say 'daughter', weren't you?" and the blushing duchess replied, "No, I don't know." Sandra tried to confirm her prediction once again, saying, "Oh, I think you do," and Kate coyly replied, "We're not telling," while happily clutching the teddy bear gift.
The decision not to reveal the sex of the baby in advance is a royal tradition that has been preserved for years in the royal family. A formal announcement regarding this will only be made soon after the baby is born.
Previously, speculations on the royal baby's gender and name had already mounted, favoring girl for the gender and either "Elizabeth" or "Diana" for the name. A South African genetic expert had even created drawings of how the unborn child would probably look like as a toddler and teenager.
If the baby is indeed a girl as predicted, she will be given the title Princess as ordered by Queen Elizabeth II. Kate is due to give birth in July.
More Kate Middleton News
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered
- Wham! and Chris Martin Pay Tribute to George Michael at BRIT Awards
- Tom Cruise Reportedly Ready to Reconnect With Daughter Suri After Years Apart
- Hugh Jackman Rules Out Wolverine/Deadpool Movie
- 'Glee' Alum Lauren Potter's Engagement Called Off
- David Beckham Smashes His Tooth During Snowboarding Trip, Days After Son Brooklyn Got Arm Injury