HBO Debuts First Teaser of Liberace Biopic 'Behind the Candelabra'
Hyping up the upcoming debut of "Behind the Candelabra", HBO releases the first teaser for the TV movie. The promo video has no scenes from the Liberace biopic, but features footage of piano keys falling which is set to the tune of "Begin the Beguine".
Starring Michael Douglas as Liberace and Matt Damon as Liberace's younger live-in lover Scott Thorson, the biopic is based on Thorson's 1988 memoir "Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace". The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, from their first meeting backstage at the Las Vegas Hilton to their bitter and public break-up.
Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." Steven Soderbergh serves behind the lens with the script provided by Richard LaGravanese.
The biopic will premiere May 26 on HBO. Damon previously said they were serious about making the Liberace biopic, saying, "We weren't giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri