HBO Debuts First Teaser of Liberace Biopic 'Behind the Candelabra'
Hyping up the upcoming debut of "Behind the Candelabra", HBO releases the first teaser for the TV movie. The promo video has no scenes from the Liberace biopic, but features footage of piano keys falling which is set to the tune of "Begin the Beguine".
Starring Michael Douglas as Liberace and Matt Damon as Liberace's younger live-in lover Scott Thorson, the biopic is based on Thorson's 1988 memoir "Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace". The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, from their first meeting backstage at the Las Vegas Hilton to their bitter and public break-up.
Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." Steven Soderbergh serves behind the lens with the script provided by Richard LaGravanese.
The biopic will premiere May 26 on HBO. Damon previously said they were serious about making the Liberace biopic, saying, "We weren't giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right."
- George Clooney Underwent Vasectomy Reversal for Wife Amal
- Get Details of Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth's Spiritual Summer Nuptials
- 'Fargo' Season 3 Gets Premiere Date
- New Couple Alert? Amber Rose Spotted Partying With Kevin Durant
- Blac Chyna Celebrates 40-Pound Weight Loss by Posing Nude in Bed
- Kristen Stewart In Talks for Fox's Thriller 'Underwater'
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'