HBO Debuts First Teaser of Liberace Biopic 'Behind the Candelabra'
Hyping up the upcoming debut of "Behind the Candelabra", HBO releases the first teaser for the TV movie. The promo video has no scenes from the Liberace biopic, but features footage of piano keys falling which is set to the tune of "Begin the Beguine".
Starring Michael Douglas as Liberace and Matt Damon as Liberace's younger live-in lover Scott Thorson, the biopic is based on Thorson's 1988 memoir "Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace". The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, from their first meeting backstage at the Las Vegas Hilton to their bitter and public break-up.
Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." Steven Soderbergh serves behind the lens with the script provided by Richard LaGravanese.
The biopic will premiere May 26 on HBO. Damon previously said they were serious about making the Liberace biopic, saying, "We weren't giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right."
- Too Little, Too Late? Taylor Swift's Support for Women's March Is Met With Backlash
- Get First Look at Benedict Cumberbatch as Thomas Edison in 'Current War'
- Kylie Jenner Shows a Lot of Skin in Barely There Two-Piece
- Is Selena Gomez Begging for Justin Bieber's 'Blessing' to Date The Weeknd After JB Calls Him 'Wack'?
- 'Logan' Is Not Set in the Same 'X-Men' Universe, According to Hugh Jackman
- Gavin Rossdale Doesn't Want to Divorce Gwen Stefani, Says She's Still 'Incredible'
- John Legend Breaks Silence on Being Called 'Monkey' by Paparazzo
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video