HBO Debuts First Teaser of Liberace Biopic 'Behind the Candelabra'
Hyping up the upcoming debut of "Behind the Candelabra", HBO releases the first teaser for the TV movie. The promo video has no scenes from the Liberace biopic, but features footage of piano keys falling which is set to the tune of "Begin the Beguine".
Starring Michael Douglas as Liberace and Matt Damon as Liberace's younger live-in lover Scott Thorson, the biopic is based on Thorson's 1988 memoir "Behind the Candelabra: My Life With Liberace". The story will depict the tempestuous relationship between Liberace and Thorson, from their first meeting backstage at the Las Vegas Hilton to their bitter and public break-up.
Executive producer Jerry Weintraub once said "Behind the Candelabra" would explore Liberace's "dark side and his light side." Steven Soderbergh serves behind the lens with the script provided by Richard LaGravanese.
The biopic will premiere May 26 on HBO. Damon previously said they were serious about making the Liberace biopic, saying, "We weren't giggling about it. These were people's lives. We wanted to get it right."
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Exchange Sweet Gaze While Leaving Church Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Slammed by Haters for Sharing 'Materialistic' Photos of Her Kids
- Surprise! Justin Bieber and Zayn Malik Are Planning a Collaboration
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' May Flash Back to World War II
- Blac Chyna Stuns in New Topless Picture. See Her Enviable Post-Baby Body
- Watch Lady GaGa and Stevie Wonder's Performances at Elton John's 70th Star-Studded Birthday Party
- Brad Pitt Is Ready to Mend His Relationship With Angelina Jolie for the Sake of Their Kids
- Cyborg's Story Is the Heart of 'Justice League', Says Zack Snyder