'Girl Meets World' Casts Teo Halm as Cory and Topanga's Son
Newcomer Teo Halm has landed a role on the comedy pilot "Girl Meets World", the follow-up to "Boy Meets World". Halm will play Elliot Matthews, the older brother of Riley, played by Rowan Blanchard.
The leads in "Boy Meets World", Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, were already secured to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga in the Disney Channel project. Fishel expressed her excitement of having two on-screen children on her Twitter, tweeting, "I have an announcement to make. I have a gorgeous daughter (@rowblanchard) and a handsome son (@teohalm). @BenSavage and I love you both!!"
The new addition to the cast also includes Sabrina Carpenter who will play Riley's rebellious friend Maya a.k.a the "Shawn Hunter".
Regarding the upcoming sitcom, Fishel assured viewers that the show would share "familiar faces, familiar themes and familiar messages" with the original series. Similarly, executive producer Michael Jacobs said "there's more than a chance" that viewers would be seeing familiar faces from the original.
The "Girl Meets World" pilot will be directed by "Roseanne" and "Cosby Show" director John Whitesell and the production is scheduled to begin later this month for consideration on the 2013-2014 Disney Channel schedule.
More Girl Meets World News
- Laura Prepon Expecting First Child With Ben Foster
- Tom Brady on His Friendship With Donald Trump: Why Is It Such a Big Deal?
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Technical Difficulty Causes More Termination
- 'Saturday Night Live' Writer Is Suspended for Mocking Barron Trump on Twitter
- Soulja Boy Charged on Suspicion of Illegally Possessing Firearms
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Tension Between Corinne and Other Girls Is About to Get Physical
- 'Star Wars: Episode VIII' Gets Official Title, Mark Hamill Reacts
- Michelle Williams Reveals She Was 'Inconsolable' After Leaving Shared Home With Heath Ledger