'Girl Meets World' Casts Teo Halm as Cory and Topanga's Son
Newcomer Teo Halm has landed a role on the comedy pilot "Girl Meets World", the follow-up to "Boy Meets World". Halm will play Elliot Matthews, the older brother of Riley, played by Rowan Blanchard.
The leads in "Boy Meets World", Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, were already secured to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga in the Disney Channel project. Fishel expressed her excitement of having two on-screen children on her Twitter, tweeting, "I have an announcement to make. I have a gorgeous daughter (@rowblanchard) and a handsome son (@teohalm). @BenSavage and I love you both!!"
The new addition to the cast also includes Sabrina Carpenter who will play Riley's rebellious friend Maya a.k.a the "Shawn Hunter".
Regarding the upcoming sitcom, Fishel assured viewers that the show would share "familiar faces, familiar themes and familiar messages" with the original series. Similarly, executive producer Michael Jacobs said "there's more than a chance" that viewers would be seeing familiar faces from the original.
The "Girl Meets World" pilot will be directed by "Roseanne" and "Cosby Show" director John Whitesell and the production is scheduled to begin later this month for consideration on the 2013-2014 Disney Channel schedule.
- 'Fargo' Season 3 First Full Trailer: What Does Ewan McGregor's Emmit Owe to His Twin Brother?
- Ready to Mingle? Tom Cruise's 'Fallen' for 'M:I-6' Co-Star Vanessa Kirby
- 'The Talk' Host Sheryl Underwood Cries as She Reveals Terrifying Rape Ordeal
- Brie Larson to Play U.S. First Female Presidential Candidate in Victoria Woodhull Biopic
- Netflix Debuts 'Death Note' Teaser Trailer and It's Slammed for Whitewashing
- Michael Shannon Joins Contention to Play Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus Caught in Lip-Lock Amid Romance Rumors
- Lorde, Muse, The Killers, Chance the Rapper, Arcade Fire to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza