'Girl Meets World' Casts Teo Halm as Cory and Topanga's Son
Newcomer Teo Halm has landed a role on the comedy pilot "Girl Meets World", the follow-up to "Boy Meets World". Halm will play Elliot Matthews, the older brother of Riley, played by Rowan Blanchard.
The leads in "Boy Meets World", Ben Savage and Danielle Fishel, were already secured to reprise their roles as Cory and Topanga in the Disney Channel project. Fishel expressed her excitement of having two on-screen children on her Twitter, tweeting, "I have an announcement to make. I have a gorgeous daughter (@rowblanchard) and a handsome son (@teohalm). @BenSavage and I love you both!!"
The new addition to the cast also includes Sabrina Carpenter who will play Riley's rebellious friend Maya a.k.a the "Shawn Hunter".
Regarding the upcoming sitcom, Fishel assured viewers that the show would share "familiar faces, familiar themes and familiar messages" with the original series. Similarly, executive producer Michael Jacobs said "there's more than a chance" that viewers would be seeing familiar faces from the original.
The "Girl Meets World" pilot will be directed by "Roseanne" and "Cosby Show" director John Whitesell and the production is scheduled to begin later this month for consideration on the 2013-2014 Disney Channel schedule.
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked