Fantasia Goes Vintage in 'Lose to Win' Music Video
R'n'B belter Fantasia Barrino premieres the 1920s-inspired music video of her latest single "Lose to Win", a cut off her forthcoming album "Side Effects of You". The "American Idol" season three winner flashes a visibly more svelte form as she dons vintage 1920s fashion in the visuals of the new love ballad.
Fantasia channels her inner Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone jazz vibe for the new track which transcends to the rest of the visuals. The 28-year-old artist sings about a relationship gone bad, as the clip shows her lover flirting around with other women while inside a luxury mansion.
The Broadway actress displays her thespian skills on the new video, getting dramatic as she cries over her man who has done her wrong. However, since her new song is about losing to win again, she lets her lover go and picks up the pieces once again, making for a new girl-power anthem.
The Grammy Award-winning artist is set to release her fourth album "Side Effects of You" on April 23, featuring contributions from Emeli Sande, Harmony Samuels, Andrea Martin and Courtney Harrell as well as collaborations with Missy Elliott and Kelly Rowland.
According to Fantasia, the album "reflects a body of work that I call 'Rock Soul,' where I'm exploring a new and refreshing sound that reflects my vocal versatility and appreciation for international appeal". She continued, "I hope everyone will enjoy this project."
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd
- Brody Jenner Throws Tantrum After Getting Kicked Off Hotel