Fantasia Goes Vintage in 'Lose to Win' Music Video
R'n'B belter Fantasia Barrino premieres the 1920s-inspired music video of her latest single "Lose to Win", a cut off her forthcoming album "Side Effects of You". The "American Idol" season three winner flashes a visibly more svelte form as she dons vintage 1920s fashion in the visuals of the new love ballad.
Fantasia channels her inner Ella Fitzgerald and Nina Simone jazz vibe for the new track which transcends to the rest of the visuals. The 28-year-old artist sings about a relationship gone bad, as the clip shows her lover flirting around with other women while inside a luxury mansion.
The Broadway actress displays her thespian skills on the new video, getting dramatic as she cries over her man who has done her wrong. However, since her new song is about losing to win again, she lets her lover go and picks up the pieces once again, making for a new girl-power anthem.
The Grammy Award-winning artist is set to release her fourth album "Side Effects of You" on April 23, featuring contributions from Emeli Sande, Harmony Samuels, Andrea Martin and Courtney Harrell as well as collaborations with Missy Elliott and Kelly Rowland.
According to Fantasia, the album "reflects a body of work that I call 'Rock Soul,' where I'm exploring a new and refreshing sound that reflects my vocal versatility and appreciation for international appeal". She continued, "I hope everyone will enjoy this project."
Fantasia Barrino's "Lose to Win" music video
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia
- 'Psychopath' Sulli Gets Blasted for Biting Her Cat
- New Romance? Shirtless Justin Bieber Enjoys Romantic Hike With This Model
- Comic-Con: 'Westworld' Season 2 Trailer Is Violence Galore
- Pics: Emily Ratajkowski Goes Topless, Parades Impressive Bum in Thong Bikini
- Song Joong Ki Reveals He Told Song Hye Kyo to Announce Their Wedding Due to Groundless Rumors