Michael Jordan Reacts to Paternity Suit
Michael Jordan calls BS on the claim that he fathered a secret son. The NBA legend says the paternity suit filed by Pamela Smith is a repeat of what she did years ago. He claims she filed a similar lawsuit years ago and she lost.
"Public records show that the paternity of the child was established in a prior case in this same court many years ago and that Michael Jordan is not the father," Jordan's rep says in a statement. "It is unfortunate that well-known figures are the target of these kind of claims. Michael Jordan will vigorously defend himself and his reputation."
Jordan's alleged secret son, 16-year-old Grant Pierce Jay 'Taj' Jordan Reynolds, posted in December 2012 a video on YouTube declaring the Charlotte Bobcats owner as his father.
Smith claimed she was pregnant in 1995 while Jordan was still married to Juanita Vanoy. In her paternity suit, she requested the former basketball player to take a paternity test, pay child support, share medical cost not covered by insurance, and let the alleged son have his last name "Jordan".
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding
- Mariah Carey Reportedly Wants to Withhold Sex Before Her Wedding
- 'Arrow' Star Stephen Amell Teases the Return of Mystery Character and 'Meaner' Season 5