Michael Jordan Reacts to Paternity Suit
Michael Jordan calls BS on the claim that he fathered a secret son. The NBA legend says the paternity suit filed by Pamela Smith is a repeat of what she did years ago. He claims she filed a similar lawsuit years ago and she lost.
"Public records show that the paternity of the child was established in a prior case in this same court many years ago and that Michael Jordan is not the father," Jordan's rep says in a statement. "It is unfortunate that well-known figures are the target of these kind of claims. Michael Jordan will vigorously defend himself and his reputation."
Jordan's alleged secret son, 16-year-old Grant Pierce Jay 'Taj' Jordan Reynolds, posted in December 2012 a video on YouTube declaring the Charlotte Bobcats owner as his father.
Smith claimed she was pregnant in 1995 while Jordan was still married to Juanita Vanoy. In her paternity suit, she requested the former basketball player to take a paternity test, pay child support, share medical cost not covered by insurance, and let the alleged son have his last name "Jordan".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie