Kelly Rowland Reveals She Used 'Taylor Swift Formula' on New Album
As she prepares for the release of her forthcoming album "Talk a Good Game", singer Kelly Rowland revealed her new studio effort would give fans a look into her private life and relationships. She confessed to having applied country superstar Taylor Swift's songwriting formula of writing about past loves and heartbreaks for her fourth studio album.
When asked if she had warned her exes about her latest songwriting strategy, the 32-year-old pop/R'n'B star said, "You know what? No, I really don't give a s**t. [Laughs] It's nothing like that. My mom would say, 'The truth shall set you free,' so no matter what truth that is, I think it's important to be honest about it."
Rowland credited collaborator The-Dream for encouraging her to open up more in the new recording. "I was in the studio with Dream and he said, 'I just want you to get deeper. The people want more. They want to be led into your life and know more about you.' "
The "Kisses Down Low" singer also addressed outspoken R'n'B singer Keyshia Cole's criticism towards her Destiny's Child's sister Michelle Williams (II) over her Super Bowl halftime show performance. She said, "We had a wonderful performance, and that's all I cared about. I was with my sisters and the three of us matter to each other, and that's all that counts. We matter to a lot more people, with all due respect, than [Keyshia]. So, I really don't care what she said."
More Kelly Rowland News
- Justin Bieber Appears to Pee His Pants During Outing - And He's Proud of It
- Is Brad Pitt Staying at a Sober House?
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip