Barbara Walters Shows Off Scar on 'The View', Gets Chickenpox From 'Well-Known Actor'
Barbara Walters has returned to work after weeks of recovering from a fall during Obama inauguration week and from chicken pox. On her first day back on "The View", she showed off scar from her head injury and spilled how she got chickenpox.
"After a lot of scratching and rest, I am fine and I am healthy," she said. Lifting her bangs, she pointed to her forehead revealing a tiny scar and a single chickenpox bump. She said she was left "bloody and unconscious" after the fall and received six stitches.
In a further statement, she let it slip that she got chickenpox after hugging "a well-known actor" who was later revealed suffering from "a bad case of shingles." Insisting the person "shall be nameless," she explained, "If you have never had chickenpox, you can get it from someone with shingles."
"The only cure for concussion it seems was rest, and that's what I've been doing for months," the 83-year-old TV veteran continued talking about her road to recovery. "The chicken pox came and went weeks ago... The head injury has taken longer."
She jokingly added to her co-hosts, "I was able to scream and yell at you on the screen every day."
Walters got a warm welcome from audience, her co-hosts Sherri Shepherd, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Joy Behar, as well as their celebrity guests Regis Philbin and New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg. "You make me cry!" she said when the Mayor surprised her with flowers on stage.
- Karrueche Tran Denied Permanent Restraining Order Against Chris Brown
- Rita Ora Flaunts Ample Cleavage in Plunging Mini Dress at De Grisogono Party in Cannes
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Does the Right Contestant Win Season 24?
- See 'Justice League' Costumes at the 2017 Licensing Expo
- Ariana Grande's Mom Rushed Fans to Safety After Explosion at Manchester Concert
- Nicki Minaj Won't Let Terrorists Win, Vows to Perform for Manchester Fans
- Irina Shayk Debuts Amazing Post-Baby Body on Cannes Red Carpet
- Tiny Leans on Floyd Mayweather for Support Following Bitter Split From T.I.