Gucci Mane Changes Official Name Only to Cancel It 30 Minutes Later
Rapper Gucci Mane declared stage name change to his 1.1 million followers on Twitter, but he canceled the plan 30 minutes later. On Monday, February 4, the rapper wrote, "July 2nd I'm officially changing my rap name to Guwop and retiring the great GucciMane. Thanks Fans, for 8 years as Gucci now it's Wop turn."
The announcement of new name received almost 11,000 retweets. In addition, Gucci's Twitter mention was flooded with fans' plea, such as, "We won't hear that 'Gucci' we love so much." Another fan wrote, "Are you serious, Gucci? Don't change your name dude, please," while another begged, "Please don't do that."
Around 30 minutes after the announcement, Gucci took to Twitter to let people know that he canceled the name change plan in addition to promoting new mixtapes. He revealed that he would not change his name because of his fans' response. "I am officially NOT changing my name to Guwop it will officially stay Gucci Mane due to my Fans' response.. Trap House 3 & Juug House July 2," he wrote, before adding, "Ya'll Hell ... Lmfao."
Gucci has a packed schedule. A few days ago, he released "Free Bricks 2 Mixtape" with Young Scooter, and on February 13, he dropped "Trap God 2 Mixtape" to the market. In addition, Gucci will appear in a new movie "Spring Breakers" alongside Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and James Franco. The movie's plot revolves around a group of college girls who do some work for a drug dealer. The movie will be released in the United States on March 22.
More Gucci Mane News
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered