Gucci Mane Changes Official Name Only to Cancel It 30 Minutes Later
Rapper Gucci Mane declared stage name change to his 1.1 million followers on Twitter, but he canceled the plan 30 minutes later. On Monday, February 4, the rapper wrote, "July 2nd I'm officially changing my rap name to Guwop and retiring the great GucciMane. Thanks Fans, for 8 years as Gucci now it's Wop turn."
The announcement of new name received almost 11,000 retweets. In addition, Gucci's Twitter mention was flooded with fans' plea, such as, "We won't hear that 'Gucci' we love so much." Another fan wrote, "Are you serious, Gucci? Don't change your name dude, please," while another begged, "Please don't do that."
Around 30 minutes after the announcement, Gucci took to Twitter to let people know that he canceled the name change plan in addition to promoting new mixtapes. He revealed that he would not change his name because of his fans' response. "I am officially NOT changing my name to Guwop it will officially stay Gucci Mane due to my Fans' response.. Trap House 3 & Juug House July 2," he wrote, before adding, "Ya'll Hell ... Lmfao."
Gucci has a packed schedule. A few days ago, he released "Free Bricks 2 Mixtape" with Young Scooter, and on February 13, he dropped "Trap God 2 Mixtape" to the market. In addition, Gucci will appear in a new movie "Spring Breakers" alongside Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens, Ashley Benson, Rachel Korine, and James Franco. The movie's plot revolves around a group of college girls who do some work for a drug dealer. The movie will be released in the United States on March 22.
More Gucci Mane News
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'