David Copperfield Gets Stranded in Illinois After Plane Makes Emergency Landing
A plane carrying David Copperfield was forced to make an emergency landing after strange noises were heard mid-flight. The terrifying incident happened while the magician was on his way from Las Vegas to New York City for Magic Monday on NBC's breakfast show, "Today".
"Emergency landing. Everyone is ok. Emergency landing in Peoria, Illinois. So scary," he tweeted in the early hours of March 4, adding that he heard "loud noise" coming from the plane. "Happy to be on the ground and safe. Getting ready for the @TodayShow on @NBC, filming remotely."
Copperfield appeared on the morning show later via Skype and he played the mysterious crackling sound which he recorded on his cell phone during the flight trouble. "We were 37,000 feet in the air and I recorded (the strange noise) because it was lasting for a long time" he said.
"I heard this sound (crackling), and it wouldn't stop. I felt kind of freaked out and they told us we have to it go back for our descent. We were going in a spiral with G force, and we finally got to the ground...and it turned out there was snow all around," he continued.
Even being stranded in Peoria didn't prevent him from showing off his magic trick. The 56-year-old illusionist known for making the Statue of Liberty disappear on television, this time around, made an airport worker appear from behind a blanket for the "Today" viewers.
He will be back for another Magic Monday appearance next week. "I can't wait to see you next Monday," he said. In the meantime, he's preparing for two scheduled shows at the MGM Grand Hotel & Casino. He's expected to return to the Sin City later in the day.
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'
- Wishes Turn Into Nightmares in 'Wish Upon' New Trailer
- Sade Convinces Drake Not to Diss Kendrick Lamar Over a Track
- Selena Gomez Cheers on The Weeknd at Brazilian Concert
- 'Power Rangers' Future Installment May Feature Female Green Ranger
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Boss on the Ending: No One Can Get Happy Ending Without Some Struggle