One Direction's Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan Spend One Day in A Slum for New Red Nose Day Video
One Direction's members Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan join Red Nose Day's latest video campaign in Africa. The two spent a day with children who scavenge rubbish to make ends meet. The children wanted to go to school, but they had to work instead.
"This is their job. They find wires, they burn the wires, they get copper out of that, they sell the copper.. they make from 70 pence a day to three pounds at the most," Horan narrated.
Horan and Tomlinson followed two boys, Sulle and Idris, who worked in a large slum area everyday. The slum was such an awful place. Horan said in angry tone, "There is literally - you name it, it's in here, from human feces to syringes, and it's just swamp. Idris is walking around in a pair of flip flops, he's got massive cuts on his feet. Sulle has got burns all over his hands. It's absolutely ridiculous."
When the One Direction boys asked Sulle and Idris if they had dreams, the kids said they wanted to have better education. Sulle wanted to be a doctor, while Idris dreamed of being a teacher. Horan and Tomlinson nodded in sympathy when they heard the children's answer.
Horan and Tomlinson were clearly touched by the children's situation. "They are so brave and incredibly hardworking," Tomlinson said. He added, "Idris and Sulle would give anything to have an opportunity to learn, and why shouldn't they? So please, please, donate and make a difference."
More Louis Tomlinson News
- Justin Timberlake Is One Grumpy Doll in First 'Trolls' Trailer
- Stephanie March Reveals Botched Boob Job Amid 2014 Bobby Flay Marriage Trouble
- Peta Murgatroyd Confirms She's Pregnant With Maksim Chmerkovskiy's Baby
- Drew Barrymore in Talks to Host New Talk Show
- Kanye West Signs New Partnership With Adidas to Expand Yeezy Brand
- Dennis Quaid's Wife Kimberly Files for Divorce for Second Time
- Chris Brown Rants on Instagram After Falling Out with Manager and Publicist
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift