One Direction's Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan Spend One Day in A Slum for New Red Nose Day Video
One Direction's members Louis Tomlinson and Niall Horan join Red Nose Day's latest video campaign in Africa. The two spent a day with children who scavenge rubbish to make ends meet. The children wanted to go to school, but they had to work instead.
"This is their job. They find wires, they burn the wires, they get copper out of that, they sell the copper.. they make from 70 pence a day to three pounds at the most," Horan narrated.
Horan and Tomlinson followed two boys, Sulle and Idris, who worked in a large slum area everyday. The slum was such an awful place. Horan said in angry tone, "There is literally - you name it, it's in here, from human feces to syringes, and it's just swamp. Idris is walking around in a pair of flip flops, he's got massive cuts on his feet. Sulle has got burns all over his hands. It's absolutely ridiculous."
When the One Direction boys asked Sulle and Idris if they had dreams, the kids said they wanted to have better education. Sulle wanted to be a doctor, while Idris dreamed of being a teacher. Horan and Tomlinson nodded in sympathy when they heard the children's answer.
Horan and Tomlinson were clearly touched by the children's situation. "They are so brave and incredibly hardworking," Tomlinson said. He added, "Idris and Sulle would give anything to have an opportunity to learn, and why shouldn't they? So please, please, donate and make a difference."
More Louis Tomlinson News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal