'Downton Abbey' Casts Tom Cullen as Lady Mary's Love Interest
"Downton Abbey" has cast Welsh actor Tom Cullen, 27, as a young aristocrat named Lord Gillingham who attempts to mend Lady Mary's broken heart. The character is described as an old family friend of the Crawleys who has known Lady Mary since childhood.
Cullen, who won Most Promising Newcomer award at the British Independent Film Awards in 2011 for his brilliant performance in "Weekend", confirms the news himself on Twitter. In the tweet, he was excited at the thought of him being cast in the forthcoming new season of the period drama series. He tweeted, "I can announce that I'm in the new season four of Downton Abbey. So excited. My heart is beating a little too fast..."
The Jonas on TV miniseries "Black Mirror" also thanked his fans for their constant supports. "Thank you for all the amazing messages. Really touched," he added.
Cullen will also be joined by Julian Ovenden, whose best known role is as Simon on NBC's "Smash". Ovenden, 36, is cast as Lord Gillingham's love rival, Charles Blake. Besides, Dame Harriet Walters also joins in as an old friend of Maggie Smith's Dowager named Lady Shackleton, while Nigle Harman is cast as a visiting valet named Green.
The fourth season of "Downton Abbey" is currently in production. The first official photo from the upcoming chapter has been shared, showing Lady Mary clutching her child with her late husband Matthew.
- Prince's Rep Addresses Jay-Z's Rumored $40 Million Offer for His Unreleased Music
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Showrunner Bryan Fuller Departs the TV Series
- Kevin Hart Eyed to Play Santa Clause in Disney's 'Dashing Through the Snow'
- Kesha Previews 4 New Songs, Hopes to Release New Album 'Early Next Year'
- Are They Engaged? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Flaunt Matching Rings on Instagram
- Michael Phelps Secretly Weds Nicole Johnson
- Amber Tamblyn Expecting Her First Child With David Cross
- Macklemore Fighting His Demons in 'Drug Dealer' Music Video