Marina and the Diamonds Premieres New Music Video 'State of Dreaming'
Welsh singer-songwriter Marina Diamandis, more popularly known by her stage name Marina and the Diamonds, has released the music video for her track "The State of Dreaming". The song, co-written by Diamandis and produced by Rick Nowels and Devrim Karaoglu, is a cut off her sophomore album "Electra Heart" and was posted on her own YouTube channel as part 9 of her Electra Heart video series.
In the clip, Diamandis performs on a simple backdrop of pillars and drapes, with the video starting out as black-and-white before changing into a multi-colored visual midway into the song just as the hook is played. Towards the end, it returns to its monochromatic look.
In the stirring ballad, the 27-year-old artist sings about "living in a make-believe land," of somewhat living in fear and insecurity in reaction to a cruel society. "All I really want is to be wonderful/ People in this town they, they can be so cruel/ I live my life inside a dream/ only waking when I sleep/ If I could sell my sorry soul, I would have it all," she croons.
Prior to releasing "State of Dreaming", Diamandis had released an acoustic cover of the popular holiday tune "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas" back in December. She also revealed that she's already busy writing songs for her third studio album while she's currently in New York for a month-long gig in The Big Apple.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed