'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Adds Omar Sy to Its Cast
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" has added French actor Omar Sy, who starred in "The Intouchables", to its cast. On Saturday, March 2, director Bryan Singer broke the news on Twitter. "Thrilled to welcome the brilliant #OmarSy from the amazing film #TheIntouchables to the cast of #Xmen #DaysofFuturePast!" he tweeted.
There's still no word on what character is going to be played by Sy. The 35-year-old actor joins Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page and Anna Paquin who are already on board to reprise their roles.
Meanwhile, Halle Berry is also set to return as Storm. "I'm in. I think I'm in," she told Hollywood Access. "I am (excited), yeah," she continued. "I love Storm. That's one of my favorite characters that I've played. And people love that character as well."
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" is based on the 1981 popular comics storyline "Days of Future Past" by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. This is the third X-Men movie to be directed by Singer after "X-Men" in 2000 and "X-Men 2" in 2003. Simon Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn, and Jane Goldman will co-write the screenplay.
The sequel to 2011's "X-Men: First Class" is scheduled to start its production on April 15 for a July 18, 2014 release in U.S. theaters.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip