'X-Men: Days of Future Past' Adds Omar Sy to Its Cast
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" has added French actor Omar Sy, who starred in "The Intouchables", to its cast. On Saturday, March 2, director Bryan Singer broke the news on Twitter. "Thrilled to welcome the brilliant #OmarSy from the amazing film #TheIntouchables to the cast of #Xmen #DaysofFuturePast!" he tweeted.
There's still no word on what character is going to be played by Sy. The 35-year-old actor joins Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellen, Hugh Jackman, Shawn Ashmore, Ellen Page and Anna Paquin who are already on board to reprise their roles.
Meanwhile, Halle Berry is also set to return as Storm. "I'm in. I think I'm in," she told Hollywood Access. "I am (excited), yeah," she continued. "I love Storm. That's one of my favorite characters that I've played. And people love that character as well."
"X-Men: Days of Future Past" is based on the 1981 popular comics storyline "Days of Future Past" by Chris Claremont and John Byrne. This is the third X-Men movie to be directed by Singer after "X-Men" in 2000 and "X-Men 2" in 2003. Simon Kinberg, Matthew Vaughn, and Jane Goldman will co-write the screenplay.
The sequel to 2011's "X-Men: First Class" is scheduled to start its production on April 15 for a July 18, 2014 release in U.S. theaters.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked