Nicki Minaj Reportedly Fires Stylist Team
Nicki Minaj has allegedly fired her team of stylist, hairdresser, and make up artist who were responsible for her looks at concert and other events. It seems that the singer wants to present more positive appearance to public. A source told the Sun, "Nicki is desperate to be taken seriously as an artist."
"She's fired her long-standing hairdresser who has been responsible for some of her crazy hairstyles over the years. She's also fired her stylist. Nicki feels that now she's done with 'American Idol' she can finally be taken seriously and release a proper hip-hop album," the source added.
Nicki's eccentric style is prone to criticism because her choice of style is not everyone's cup of tea. In addition, her position as "American Idol" judge puts her in the spotlight. It seems that recruiting a new team of stylist is one of her steps to gain broader fan base.
Previously, Nicki was hit with plastic surgery rumor which she denied in an interview. "I've never had surgery on my face. They'll see contour and they'll think you had surgery on your nose, no no no, look at 'RuPaul's Drag Race' and you'll see how you can make your nose look any shape you want," said the singer.
The "American Idol" judge added that her unique appearance was because of cosmetics, "When people see my make-up they think all types of crazy things that I'm doing to my skin, but it's make-up." Nicki added that she would love to have more toned-down look in 2013. "It's a bit more grown and sexy and like..less is more," she explained.
More Nicki Minaj News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3