'300: Rise of an Empire' Reveals Official Logo
The official logo for "300: Rise of an Empire" has been revealed. Posted on the movie's official Facebook page, the image sees the title written in blood-splutter Spartan style similar to that of its predecessor, Gerard Butler's 2007 flick "300".
Originally titled "300: Battle of Artemisia", it stars returning faces Eva Green, Sullivan Stapleton and Rodrigo Santoro, and adds new cast Callan Mulvey, Hans Matheson, Jack O'Connell and Lena Headey to the ensemble.
Rodrigo described the Noam Murro-directed movie as a spin-off. "It takes place in the same time, you start a little earlier but then you see that it's like a different point of view, a different camera, a different angle," he explained.
"While that battle was happening, the one that you saw in 300, there was another battle happening next to it and you will have a chance to see all of that happening and how they interact," he added.
Co-produced by Zack Snyder, the movie is expected to offer backstory of Xeres and explain how he becomes the God King. It's due to be released summer later this year.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival