'300: Rise of an Empire' Reveals Official Logo
The official logo for "300: Rise of an Empire" has been revealed. Posted on the movie's official Facebook page, the image sees the title written in blood-splutter Spartan style similar to that of its predecessor, Gerard Butler's 2007 flick "300".
Originally titled "300: Battle of Artemisia", it stars returning faces Eva Green, Sullivan Stapleton and Rodrigo Santoro, and adds new cast Callan Mulvey, Hans Matheson, Jack O'Connell and Lena Headey to the ensemble.
Rodrigo described the Noam Murro-directed movie as a spin-off. "It takes place in the same time, you start a little earlier but then you see that it's like a different point of view, a different camera, a different angle," he explained.
"While that battle was happening, the one that you saw in 300, there was another battle happening next to it and you will have a chance to see all of that happening and how they interact," he added.
Co-produced by Zack Snyder, the movie is expected to offer backstory of Xeres and explain how he becomes the God King. It's due to be released summer later this year.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie