The Miracles' Singer Bobby Rogers Dies at 73
Bobby Rogers, the notable member of Motown Records' The Miracles that was formed in the mid-1950s with Smokey Robinson, has died in Detroit, at the age of 73. Allen Rawls, Motown Museum board member, said that Bobby died about 6 A.M. on Sunday, March 3, in Southfield after suffering from an undisclosed illness for several years.
Close friends and family expressed their overwhelming grief over the death of the grandfather of Blaque's singer Brandi Williams. "Another soldier in my life has fallen. Bobby Rogers was my brother and a really good friend," Smokey said. "He and I were born on the exact same day in the same hospital in Detroit. I am really going to miss him. I loved him very much."
Bobby, who married Joan Hughes in 1981 and had four children (Bobbae, Gina, Kimberly and Robert III), will also be remembered for his warm and loving personality. Bobby's cousin Claudette Rogers said, "He was personable, approachable and he loved talking to the women, loved talking to the guys, loved to dance, loved to sing, loved to perform. That was the joy of his life."
Together with Claudette, Pete Moore, Ronnie White, and Smokey, Bobby formed The Miracles and created many best-selling hits such as "Shop Around", "I Second That Emotion" and "The Tears of a Clown". Their great success and contribution in the music industry eventually led this group to the induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.
His funeral arrangements through James H. Cole Home for Funerals in Detroit have not been completely set yet.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance