The Miracles' Singer Bobby Rogers Dies at 73
Bobby Rogers, the notable member of Motown Records' The Miracles that was formed in the mid-1950s with Smokey Robinson, has died in Detroit, at the age of 73. Allen Rawls, Motown Museum board member, said that Bobby died about 6 A.M. on Sunday, March 3, in Southfield after suffering from an undisclosed illness for several years.
Close friends and family expressed their overwhelming grief over the death of the grandfather of Blaque's singer Brandi Williams. "Another soldier in my life has fallen. Bobby Rogers was my brother and a really good friend," Smokey said. "He and I were born on the exact same day in the same hospital in Detroit. I am really going to miss him. I loved him very much."
Bobby, who married Joan Hughes in 1981 and had four children (Bobbae, Gina, Kimberly and Robert III), will also be remembered for his warm and loving personality. Bobby's cousin Claudette Rogers said, "He was personable, approachable and he loved talking to the women, loved talking to the guys, loved to dance, loved to sing, loved to perform. That was the joy of his life."
Together with Claudette, Pete Moore, Ronnie White, and Smokey, Bobby formed The Miracles and created many best-selling hits such as "Shop Around", "I Second That Emotion" and "The Tears of a Clown". Their great success and contribution in the music industry eventually led this group to the induction to the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in 2012.
His funeral arrangements through James H. Cole Home for Funerals in Detroit have not been completely set yet.
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake