One Direction Might Record With the Jackson Brothers
The eldest of the Jackson brothers, Jackie Jackson, revealed in a recent interview that he had written some songs for Niall Horan, Zayn Malik, Liam Payne, Harry Styles and Louis Tomlinson, collectively known as British-Irish pop boyband One Direction. Jackie and his other Jackson 5 brothers, (sans most famous sibling, the late Michael Jackson) Tito Jackson, Marlon Jackson, and Jermaine Jackson, were performing in the U.K. this week and are set to reunite for a tour.
"I got some songs for them to record too so we'll be in touch real soon," said Jackie when asked to comment on the current crop of boybands. "[One Direction] remind me of ourselves so much when we were younger."
Judging from their cover of Michael's hit "Man in the Mirror", it is safe to assume that 1D will do justice to the Jackson vibe. A cross-generational collaboration between the biggest boyband of this generation and the surviving members of one of the biggest pop acts of the 70s will surely be exciting.
The Jacksons are currently busy putting together a new album where another superstar sibling Janet Jackson is set to be featured. "The rest of the family are involved, too," Jackie disclosed about the ongoing new project. "There will be some collaborations. Janet will be on the record, too, and our youngest brother, Randy, will return in the future as well."
More One Direction News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist