Michael Jordan Hit With Paternity Suit
Michael Jordan has recently been slapped with a paternity suit. Pamela Smith, 48, filed the lawsuit against the Charlotte Bobcats owner on February 6 in Fulton County Superior Court, saying that the 50-year-old former athlete is the father of her 16-year-old son, Grant Pierce Jay 'Taj' Jordan Reynolds.
Pamela claimed that she became pregnant in 1995. At that time, Jordan was still married to Juanita Vanoy. In her paternity suit, she requested Jordan to take a paternity test, pay child support, share medical cost not covered by insurance, and let the alleged son have the similar last name "Jordan".
The basketball legend still has not commented on this issue.
Meanwhile, a friend of Pamela, April Love, revealed the undisclosed affair between Jordan and Pamela. She said that the couple met in Chicago and began dating in 1988. The relationship, according to her, only lasted two years. She defended her friend's attempt by saying, "Pamela had no choice but to support her son and his desire to forge a relationship with his father. That's why she is now speaking out and prompting Michael to do the right thing and be a father to his son. Bottom line, Pamela was a girlfriend not a baby's mama and Taj was conceived in love."
The secret paternity was first revealed to public when Taj Reynolds released a YouTube video in December, claiming to be Jordan's son.
The court says that Pamela does not have an attorney and the court date for the case is set for March 12.
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March