Michael Jordan Hit With Paternity Suit
Michael Jordan has recently been slapped with a paternity suit. Pamela Smith, 48, filed the lawsuit against the Charlotte Bobcats owner on February 6 in Fulton County Superior Court, saying that the 50-year-old former athlete is the father of her 16-year-old son, Grant Pierce Jay 'Taj' Jordan Reynolds.
Pamela claimed that she became pregnant in 1995. At that time, Jordan was still married to Juanita Vanoy. In her paternity suit, she requested Jordan to take a paternity test, pay child support, share medical cost not covered by insurance, and let the alleged son have the similar last name "Jordan".
The basketball legend still has not commented on this issue.
Meanwhile, a friend of Pamela, April Love, revealed the undisclosed affair between Jordan and Pamela. She said that the couple met in Chicago and began dating in 1988. The relationship, according to her, only lasted two years. She defended her friend's attempt by saying, "Pamela had no choice but to support her son and his desire to forge a relationship with his father. That's why she is now speaking out and prompting Michael to do the right thing and be a father to his son. Bottom line, Pamela was a girlfriend not a baby's mama and Taj was conceived in love."
The secret paternity was first revealed to public when Taj Reynolds released a YouTube video in December, claiming to be Jordan's son.
The court says that Pamela does not have an attorney and the court date for the case is set for March 12.
- Silver Sable and Black Cat Movie Rumored to Have Spider-Woman
- Scott Disick Spotted Flirting With Sofia Richie on Yacht in Cannes
- Jaden Smith Accuses Canadian Hotel of Spiking His Food
- Alex Rodriguez Signs Deal With ABC News as Contributor
- Joaquin Phoenix and Diane Kruger Win Best Actor and Actress at Cannes 2017
- Miranda Kerr Marries Snapchat CEO Evan Spiegel in Backyard Ceremony
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'