'Sinister 2' Moves Forward With Original Writers
"Sinister 2" is ready to follow the success of last fall's hit horror thriller "Sinister". Two co-writers of the first film, Scott Derrickson and C. Robert Cargill, are already on board to pen the second installment.
Eventhough Derrickson is back as one of the screenwriters, he reportedly won't be directing the film. Jason Blum of Blumhouse Productions along with Derrickson will produce the picture. Plot and character details are still under wraps, but it's a sure bet Bagul will be terrorizing a new family in his own particular way.
It has not been confirmed yet about when the film will start its production. Derrickson dan Cargill are both working on "Deus Ex: Human Revolution", a video game-based movie.
Not only did "Sinister" win rave reviews from critics, but it also earned more than $77 million worldwide with the production cost of only $3 million. With the performance of the first film, the second film is practically inevitable.
"Sinister" centered on Ellison Oswalt (Ethan Hawke), a true crime novelist struggling to find his next big story who finds a box of home videos in his attic. He soon learns the family members in the video were brutally murdered in the house he's living in and his investigation leads him to a supernatural entity that may be placing his own family in harm's way.
The film was released in October 2012 and also starred Juliet Rylance, Fred Dalton Thompson, James Ransone, Michael Hall D'Addario, Clare Foley, Rob Riley, and Tavis Smiley.
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell
- Blac Chyna Blasts Tyga on Snapchat for Not Paying Her Child Support
- Watch Teaser of 'War of the Planet of the Apes' New Trailer
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death