Gwyneth Paltrow Regrets Her Oscar Looks in 2000 and 2002
Turned out Gwyneth Paltrow didn't like her looks at the Academy Awards in 2000 and 2002. In an interview discussing her fashion hits and misses, the "Country Strong" actress believed that she could improve her appearance if she did a few things differently.
"Two [mistakes] that come to mind are looks I wore to the Oscars in 2000 and 2002," the Pepper Potts of "Iron Man" opened up. "The first is the Calvin Klein. It's an OK dress but not Oscars material. Also the goth Alexander McQueen. I still love the dress but I should have worn a bra."
On latest issue of her publication Goop, she explained "a few issues" about her 2002 look besides the bra-less blunder. "I should have just had simple beachy hair and less makeup. Then, it would have worked as I wanted it to - a little bit of punk at the Oscars," she said.
The former girlfriend of Ben Affleck went to the 2002 Oscar in an edgy dark-colored outfit with a sheer mesh bodice that left little to imagination, and a gathered taffeta skirt. For the 2000 gala, the wife of Coldplay's Chris Martin chose a simpler dress by CK.
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'