Preview of Kelly Clarkson's New Song 'Ain't Gonna Like This'
Kelly Clarkson premiered her new song "Ain't Gonna Like This" during Sony Nashville's annual General Jackson Show & Dinner Cruise on Thursday night, February 28. The "American Idol" alum was backed up by Miranda Lambert, Ashley Monroe and Angeleena Presley of the Pistol Annies and a bit of the performance has made its way out online.
The new song, which Clarkson co-wrote with her guitarist Aben Eubanks, is a soulful rock ballad that showcases Clarkson's versatility from the wide range of musical influences she has had over her decade-long career. According to the 30-year-old singer, the new tune is her declaration that she's constantly going to pursue all the different music genres that she loves, no matter who "ain't gonna like this."
The composition is quite straightforward and direct in its message. "So what if I like some country/ Whether it's music or the men/ So what if I like the mood/ That country puts me in/ If you don't like Johnny, and if you don't like Elvis/ You ain't gonna like this..." Clarkson also gives a shout out to her heroes, from country music queens Reba McEntire, Trisha Yearwood and Bonnie Raitt to soul diva Aretha Franklin, and doesn't leave out her male idols B.B. King, Vince Gill and Prince.
Among those who were in the cruise to watch Clarkson and the other lined-up performances were "The Voice" mentor Blake Shelton, who's married to Pistol Annies' member Miranda Lambert. Also riding along the cruise was Shelton's "Voice" protege RaeLynn.
Preview of Kelly Clarkson's "Ain't Gonna Like This":
- 'Homeland' Finds Its Female President in 'House of Cards' Star
- Lindsay Lohan's Father Confirms She Told Him She's Pregnant
- Beyonce and 4-Year-Old Blue Ivy Play Twinsie in Cute Pictures
- Shonda Rhimes Denies 'GMA' Report That 'Scandal' Is Ending With Season 6
- Ellen Pompeo Admits She Stays on 'Grey's Anatomy' Because of Her Age
- James McAvoy Is a Psychopath in 'Split' Trailer
- Kristen Stewart 'So Much Happier' With Girlfriend Alicia Cargile Than With Any Man
- Watch: Elizabeth Banks, Idina Menzel and More Stars Cover 'Fight Song' for Hillary Clinton