Liam Neeson Tapped to Voice a Villainous Raccoon in 'The Nut Job'
After lending his voice for wise lion Aslan in "The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader", Liam Neeson joins the voice cast of an indie animation, "The Nut Job". The film which already taps Katherine Heigl, Will Arnett and Brendan Fraser has Neeson voicing a villainous raccoon.
"Having the distinguished Liam Neeson lend his talents as the raccoon villain is the perfect finishing touch," said director Peter Lepeniotis. "His contribution fulfills that dramatic need in our comedy adventure. It's an honor working with him."
"The Nut Job" is based on Lepeniotis' 2005 short animation, "Surly Squirrel". The film tells a story about a mischievous squirrel who has been banned from the city park because of his bad attitude. He and his pals then plan to rob Maury's Nut Store in order to survive the winter.
This film is a directorial debut of Lepeniotis, a Disney and Pixar veteran who previously worked as an animator on "Toy Story 2" and "Fantasia 2000". The screenplay is penned by Lorne Cameron who wrote "Brother Bear".
"The Nut Job" will also be a defining debut of ToonBox Entertainment to prove whether it will be on the level of Pixar and DreamWorks or not. "The Nut Job" is currently in production and expected to hit the theaters in 2013.
Liam Neeson was last seen in "Taken 2" and will next star in "Non-Stop" with Julianne Moore and "Third Person" alongside Mila Kunis, James Franco and Olivia Wilde.
- Brad Pitt Voluntarily Tested for Drug and Alcohol Amid Child Abuse Allegation
- 'SNL' Finds Its New Donald Trump in Alec Baldwin After Taran Killam's Exit
- Madonna Shares Nude Pic as She Joins Katy Perry to Vote Naked
- The Weeknd Kills His Old Self in 'Starboy' Music Video
- Miley Cyrus Calls Out Disney, Says She Was Underpaid on 'Hannah Montana'
- Monsters and War Unleashed in New 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' Trailer
- Video: Kim Kardashian Ambushed by Gigi Hadid's Attacker in Paris
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Heading to 'SNL' as First-Time Host