Rep: 'There Were No Hostilities' Between Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried
There was no conflict between Anne Hathaway and Amanda Seyfried at the 2013 Academy Awards. Contrary to report which said that the two actresses were involved in an argument over their dresses, a representative for Anne told Gossip Cop, "Anne and Amanda are very close friends. There were no hostilities AT ALL!"
Previously, Us Weekly quoted a source who said that Anne "throw a fit" to Amanda at Oscars rehearsal because of the similar-looking dresses they were going to wear at the big event. The source claimed Anne heard that Amanda was going to wear a dress similar to a Valentino dress she prepared. Therefore, she asked Amanda if she had the dress' picture with her. Amanda proudly showed a picture of her Alexander McQueen dress to her "Les Miserables" counterpart.
The source mentioned that Anne was deeply upset after learning the situation. The same source said, "Anne was like 'WTF?!' She started throwing a fit!" However, the source noticed that Anne "never told Amanda she had to change the dress." The source added, "Amanda didn't want to deal with it and left."
Anne later conducted a meeting with her stylist team at home. The team waited for hours before the Oscars' Best Supporting Actress winner decided she would go with the pink Prada dress. Another source explained, "Anne made the fashion, make up, hair, and jewelry teams wait at her home for hours as she decided what to do about the dress debacle." In addition, the team was "asked for silence so she could rehearse her singing for 'Les Miserables' tributes at Oscars."
A few days ago, Anne released a statement regarding the dress swap. "It came to my attention late Saturday night that there would be a dress worn to the Oscars that is remarkably similar to the Valentino I had intended to wear, and so I decided it was best for all involved to change my plans. Though I love the dress I did wear, it was a difficult last-minute decision as I had so looked forward to wearing Valentino in honor of the deep and meaningful relationship I have enjoyed with the house and with Valentino himself. I deeply regret any disappointment caused," said the actress via her publicist.
More Anne Hathaway News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'