Sam Raimi to Write 'Evil Dead 4' Script With His Brother
Sam Raimi reveals what's next project up in his sleeve. In a promotional event for his latest film "Oz: The Great and Powerful" in London, the actor/director spills he's working on the fourth installment of the "Dead Evil" movie series with his brother.
"I would love to make Evil Dead 4," the helmer of Toby McGuire-starring "Spider-Man" trilogy unveils his plan for the cult horror movie franchise as quoted by Disney. "My brother and I plan to work on the script this summer."
Sam and Ivan Raimi have collaborated before. They wrote 1992's "Army of Darkness", the third installment of Sam's directed "Evil Dead" trilogy. The two also teamed up as a writing team for 1990's "Darkman" and reunited recently for 2009's "Drag Me to Hell".
The new "Dead Evil" movie is in the works under the direction hands of Fede Alvarez. It's produced by Sam, Bruce Campbell and Robert G. Tapert, the writer/director, lead actor, and producer of the original trilogy respectively.
More Evil Dead News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences