Nelly Premieres New Music Video 'Hey Porsche'
St. Louis rap star Nelly finally debuts his new music video "Hey Porsche" almost two months after he first released the single. As in the song where he metaphorically talks about the object of his affection as if she is the much sought-after luxury vehicle, the almost four-minute Ethan Lader-directed clip stars Nelly with his lady and a black Porsche.
Playing a mechanic working on a classic vintage Porsche, Nelly begins the song, doing less rapping and more singing in this track, as he is approached by a high-society gal in a black-and-white ensemble. After a short flirtation during the first verse, Nelly takes her for a spin on the luxury car, off to a desert road just outside of L.A. as the hook plays on.
"I'm a huge car freak. Being from St. Louis, we ride. That's what we do," Nelly explains how he was inspired by his love of cars to come up with the track. He calls "Hey Porsche" the 2013 version of his 2001 big hit "Ride Wit Me".
"Hey Porsche" is the first single from Nelly's seventh studio album "M.O." set to be released in June. Produced by Pharrell Williams and Rico Love, the forthcoming album will feature Nelly in a duet with pop singer Nelly Furtado, as well as other collaborations with Trey Songz, T.I. and Akon.
- 'Empire' 3.03 Preview: Wrong Charge
- Angelina Jolie Found Photos of Selena Gomez and Other Women on Brad Pitt's Phone?
- Kim Kardashian Bares Serious Underboobs While Going Topless in This Raunchy Selfie
- Metallica, The Strokes, The Weeknd to Headline 2017 Lollapalooza South America
- Justin Bieber Is Reportedly Pursuing Pamela Anderson
- 'Fast and Furious' Helmer Justin Lin to Direct 'Hot Wheels' Movie
- Miley Cyrus Fills In for Sick Ellen DeGeneres. Watch Sneak Peek of Her Guest-Hosting Stint
- Kelly Clarkson and Chance The Rapper to Perform at White House's Christmas Tree Lighting