Nelly Premieres New Music Video 'Hey Porsche'
St. Louis rap star Nelly finally debuts his new music video "Hey Porsche" almost two months after he first released the single. As in the song where he metaphorically talks about the object of his affection as if she is the much sought-after luxury vehicle, the almost four-minute Ethan Lader-directed clip stars Nelly with his lady and a black Porsche.
Playing a mechanic working on a classic vintage Porsche, Nelly begins the song, doing less rapping and more singing in this track, as he is approached by a high-society gal in a black-and-white ensemble. After a short flirtation during the first verse, Nelly takes her for a spin on the luxury car, off to a desert road just outside of L.A. as the hook plays on.
"I'm a huge car freak. Being from St. Louis, we ride. That's what we do," Nelly explains how he was inspired by his love of cars to come up with the track. He calls "Hey Porsche" the 2013 version of his 2001 big hit "Ride Wit Me".
"Hey Porsche" is the first single from Nelly's seventh studio album "M.O." set to be released in June. Produced by Pharrell Williams and Rico Love, the forthcoming album will feature Nelly in a duet with pop singer Nelly Furtado, as well as other collaborations with Trey Songz, T.I. and Akon.
- Watch: Louis Tomlinson Performs 'Just Hold On' in Honor of His Late Mother
- Jennifer Lawrence Apologizes to Hawaiian People for Joking About Sacred Rocks
- Tim Miller Opens Up on Why He Left 'Deadpool 2'
- Donald Trump Clarifies 'Apprentice' Rumors, Insists He Will Devote 'Zero Time' to the Show
- Tom Holland Enrolled in High School Under Fake Name for 'Spider-Man: Homecoming'
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen