Nelly Premieres New Music Video 'Hey Porsche'
St. Louis rap star Nelly finally debuts his new music video "Hey Porsche" almost two months after he first released the single. As in the song where he metaphorically talks about the object of his affection as if she is the much sought-after luxury vehicle, the almost four-minute Ethan Lader-directed clip stars Nelly with his lady and a black Porsche.
Playing a mechanic working on a classic vintage Porsche, Nelly begins the song, doing less rapping and more singing in this track, as he is approached by a high-society gal in a black-and-white ensemble. After a short flirtation during the first verse, Nelly takes her for a spin on the luxury car, off to a desert road just outside of L.A. as the hook plays on.
"I'm a huge car freak. Being from St. Louis, we ride. That's what we do," Nelly explains how he was inspired by his love of cars to come up with the track. He calls "Hey Porsche" the 2013 version of his 2001 big hit "Ride Wit Me".
"Hey Porsche" is the first single from Nelly's seventh studio album "M.O." set to be released in June. Produced by Pharrell Williams and Rico Love, the forthcoming album will feature Nelly in a duet with pop singer Nelly Furtado, as well as other collaborations with Trey Songz, T.I. and Akon.
Nelly's "Hey Porsche" music video
- Officially Back On? Kylie Jenner Tags Tyga on Her Booty In This Instagram Photo
- Nicolas Cage and Alice Kim Separate After 11 Years of Marriage
- Two More Actors Join 'Spider-Man: Homecoming', New Set Photos Are Released
- 'Mr. Robot' Season 2 Gets Additional Episodes and an Aftershow
- Jamie Foxx Spotted Holding Hands With Mystery Woman. Cheating on Katie Holmes?
- Fifth Harmony Ladies Strip Down to Skimpy Bikinis in 'All in My Head' Video Ft. Fetty Wap
- 'Step Up' Series Coming to YouTube With Channing Tatum and Jenna Dewan Attached
- Harry Styles Signs Solo Deal With Columbia Records. Time to Say Goodbye to 1D?