Nelly Premieres New Music Video 'Hey Porsche'
St. Louis rap star Nelly finally debuts his new music video "Hey Porsche" almost two months after he first released the single. As in the song where he metaphorically talks about the object of his affection as if she is the much sought-after luxury vehicle, the almost four-minute Ethan Lader-directed clip stars Nelly with his lady and a black Porsche.
Playing a mechanic working on a classic vintage Porsche, Nelly begins the song, doing less rapping and more singing in this track, as he is approached by a high-society gal in a black-and-white ensemble. After a short flirtation during the first verse, Nelly takes her for a spin on the luxury car, off to a desert road just outside of L.A. as the hook plays on.
"I'm a huge car freak. Being from St. Louis, we ride. That's what we do," Nelly explains how he was inspired by his love of cars to come up with the track. He calls "Hey Porsche" the 2013 version of his 2001 big hit "Ride Wit Me".
"Hey Porsche" is the first single from Nelly's seventh studio album "M.O." set to be released in June. Produced by Pharrell Williams and Rico Love, the forthcoming album will feature Nelly in a duet with pop singer Nelly Furtado, as well as other collaborations with Trey Songz, T.I. and Akon.
Nelly's "Hey Porsche" music video
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Nipples in Sheer Bra for Love Magazine
- Kanye West in Talks to Join Revival of 'American Idol'
- Midlife Crisis? Leonardo DiCaprio Will Do Anything to Stay Young
- Harry Styles Is 'Terrified' His Debut Solo Single Will Not Sell
- Kim Kardashian Drops Baby Bombshell to Save 'KUWTK' Ratings
- James Blunt Sings Touching New Song at Carrie Fisher and Debbie Reynolds' Memorial
- 'Orange Is the New Black' Star Samira Wiley Marries the Show's Writer Lauren Morelli
- 'Once Upon a Time' 6.15 Preview: Aladdin and Jasmine Meet Ariel in 'A Wondrous Place'