Judge Says Lindsay Lohan's Lawyer Is 'Incompetent'
Lindsay Lohan's new attorney, Mark Heller, might feel like getting slapped in the face when judge Jim Dabney, who handles Lohan's car accident case, said the lawyer was incompetent to practice law in California. The judge suggested that the 26-year-old actress either found another lawyer who knows what he's doing or she came to court and weaved her right to a competent California lawyer.
During court hearing on Friday, February 1, Judge Dabney informed Heller that he filed the legal document not in accordance with the law rule in California. The judge said the document was so screwed up that he wondered if Heller even understood how criminal law worked. Heller tried to blame it on Lohan's previous lawyer, Shawn Holley, but the judge didn't buy it.
Heller filed the legal document and attached a letter to dismiss the charges, and it was a big no according to California law. The motion of charge dismissal was turned down by the judge anyway. Prosecutor Terry White also declined to delay the trial which is set to open on March 18.
After the hearing, Heller couldn't believe the judge called him "incompetent." "Having become a lawyer over 44 YEARS AGO, I certainly know the important issues," he retorted. He also responded to Michael Lohan who called him a terrible attorney, "I wish Michael Lohan the best."
Lohan herself wasn't seen on the court hearing in Los Angeles courtroom. Instead, she stayed in New York City where she was spotted clubbing on Thursday, February 28 night.
Lohan is charged with three misdemeanor counts which stem from the car crash back in June 2012. She was driving her Porsche when she hit the back of a dump truck, and lied to cops that she wasn't behind the wheel. Her charges include reckless driving, providing false information to police and willfully obstructing police from performing their duties.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Girls' Generation Graces the Cover of W Korea for Their 10th Anniversary
- Kanye West Gives Paralyzed Fan Custom Yeezy Boots
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Hire 18 New Staff for Twin Kids
- Blac Chyna Is Starring in Nicki Minaj's New Music Video
- Ryan Seacrest Is Officially Returning to 'American Idol'
- Eight Times Chrissy Teigen Makes Us ROTFL
- Prince Harry and Meghan Markle May 'Get Married Somewhere Private and Elope'
- O.J. Simpson Could Be Denied Parole After Caught Masturbating in Cell