Lifetime Resurrects 'Drop Dead Diva'
"Drop Dead Diva" gets a second life. After Lifetime announced its cancellation in January, the network has inked a new deal with producer Sony Pictures TV to the bring back the show for a fifth season.
At the time Lifetime announced the show's cancellation, it was reported that the cable channel considered to cut the production cost of the expensive show. With the show's revival, it seems that the two parties have reached an agreement about a lower budget.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
The show follows beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe Deb who is brought back to life as intelligent, curvy lawyer Jane Bingum (Elliott) after killed in a car crash. Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman and Carter MacIntyre co-star on the legal dramedy series.
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle
- J Balvin, Camila Cabello and Pitbull Tease New Track 'Hey Ma' on Instagram
- An Alleged Sex Tape of Trey Songz Leaks Online Amid Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma's Beef
- Emma Stone Says the Oscars Blunder Was One of the Most Horrible Moments of Her Life
- Drake on Remy Ma's Diss Track: 'His Heart's Bleeding for Nicki Minaj'