Lifetime Resurrects 'Drop Dead Diva'
"Drop Dead Diva" gets a second life. After Lifetime announced its cancellation in January, the network has inked a new deal with producer Sony Pictures TV to the bring back the show for a fifth season.
At the time Lifetime announced the show's cancellation, it was reported that the cable channel considered to cut the production cost of the expensive show. With the show's revival, it seems that the two parties have reached an agreement about a lower budget.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
The show follows beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe Deb who is brought back to life as intelligent, curvy lawyer Jane Bingum (Elliott) after killed in a car crash. Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman and Carter MacIntyre co-star on the legal dramedy series.
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri
- 'Shameless' Season 8 Renewal Is Put on Hold as Emmy Rossum Asks for Pay Parity