Lifetime Resurrects 'Drop Dead Diva'
"Drop Dead Diva" gets a second life. After Lifetime announced its cancellation in January, the network has inked a new deal with producer Sony Pictures TV to the bring back the show for a fifth season.
At the time Lifetime announced the show's cancellation, it was reported that the cable channel considered to cut the production cost of the expensive show. With the show's revival, it seems that the two parties have reached an agreement about a lower budget.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
The show follows beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe Deb who is brought back to life as intelligent, curvy lawyer Jane Bingum (Elliott) after killed in a car crash. Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman and Carter MacIntyre co-star on the legal dramedy series.
- Taylor Kinney Gives Lady GaGa 'Ultimatum' as She's Still Undecided About Wedding Details
- Kim Kardashian Steals the Show at Scott Disick's Birthday Party With Her Barely-There Lace Dress
- Proud Papa Chris Brown Shares Cute Pictures of Royalty to Celebrate Her Birthday
- Amanda Holden Poses Naked for Charity. See the Racy Pic!
- Bruno Mars Is Readying a New Album for November
- Mariah Carey's Diva Antics: She Has Her Glam Team Work on Her While She Sleeps
- Kim Kardashian Kicks Kanye West Out of Their Bel Air House. Why?
- Watch Andrew Lincoln and Norman Reedus Envision Lighter 'Walking Dead' in NBC's Red Nose Day Special