Lifetime Resurrects 'Drop Dead Diva'
"Drop Dead Diva" gets a second life. After Lifetime announced its cancellation in January, the network has inked a new deal with producer Sony Pictures TV to the bring back the show for a fifth season.
At the time Lifetime announced the show's cancellation, it was reported that the cable channel considered to cut the production cost of the expensive show. With the show's revival, it seems that the two parties have reached an agreement about a lower budget.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
The show follows beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe Deb who is brought back to life as intelligent, curvy lawyer Jane Bingum (Elliott) after killed in a car crash. Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman and Carter MacIntyre co-star on the legal dramedy series.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years