Lifetime Resurrects 'Drop Dead Diva'
"Drop Dead Diva" gets a second life. After Lifetime announced its cancellation in January, the network has inked a new deal with producer Sony Pictures TV to the bring back the show for a fifth season.
At the time Lifetime announced the show's cancellation, it was reported that the cable channel considered to cut the production cost of the expensive show. With the show's revival, it seems that the two parties have reached an agreement about a lower budget.
"Drop Dead Diva" has been a solid performer on Lifetime since it premiered in July 2009. The Brooke Elliott-starring series hit its season high with its four season finale, which garnered 2.76 million viewers.
The show follows beautiful-but-vapid model wannabe Deb who is brought back to life as intelligent, curvy lawyer Jane Bingum (Elliott) after killed in a car crash. Margaret Cho, April Bowlby, Kate Levering, Jackson Hurst, Josh Stamberg, Ben Feldman and Carter MacIntyre co-star on the legal dramedy series.
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier