Pearl Jam's Mike McCready and Guns N' Roses' Duff McKagan Form New Band
Pearl Jam's guitarist Mike McCready and former Guns N' Roses' bassist Duff McKagan have formed a still-unnamed new band. The two guitar players have signed up a drummer, Barrett Martin formerly of the Screaming Trees, and are looking to select more than one vocalist.
"Duff and Barrett and I got together. We wrote some new stuff and we took some of those old Mad Season demos from that [unreleased] second Disinformation record, so we are trying to find something to do with those," McCready revealed on how the three of them first hatched the idea of forming a new band. "We're talking to Jaz [Coleman] from Killing Joke and I've been trying to find some singers to work on some of that stuff."
Despite what looks to be a hectic year for McCready with his first band Pearl Jam who intends to have a record out this year and is playing two shows in July before their fall tour, he is looking to release new music from his second band. "As the different singers finish their songs and turn them in, that will determine when they get put out," he said about how soon his new band could release their new songs.
McCready also would like to have the opportunity of releasing the new music under his own record label. "I have a little record company called Hockeytalkter Records -- it's what my three-year-old son calls a helicopter. I would like to put some of this stuff out on 45. If that happens, it'll be great," he shared.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation