Jennifer Lawrence's 'Silver Linings Playbook' Clothes Sold for $12,000 at Auction
Huge interest shown to romantic comedy film "Silver Linings Playbook" apparently goes to the costumes Jennifer Lawrence wore in the film as well. The actress' wardrobes from the David O. Russell-directed movie fetched huge numbers at auction.
Los Angeles auction house Nate D. Sanders announced that a full-length wool coat was worth $4,652, while the tight white pants Jennifer wore in the big dance finale fetched $3,493. A teal sports bra and blue top from the dance practice scenes were sold for $3,175, and a tank top not worn in the film went for $624.
Commenting on the beyond-expectation bidding, the memorabilia dealer said, "The whole world seems to be captivated by Jennifer Lawrence. We estimated that each of her wardrobe pieces would bring between $500 and $1,500, but what happened is that dozens of bidders from all over the world furiously bid against one another."
Meanwhile, Jennifer Lawrence is somehow busy with setting up Bradley Cooper. The 22-year-old actress admitted it, "I feel like all I've been doing lately is setting him up." Lawrence explained with a joke, "I was like, 'You know what? I'm gonna save time and just get you a booklet with pictures of my friends. You just go through and pick them out, because this is getting exhausting.' "
The two were rumored to be dating in the past. Yet, the rumors were not proven as they remain good friends.
More Jennifer Lawrence News
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal