Thom Yorke Dances in Atoms For Peace's 'Ingenue' Video
Supergroup Atoms for Peace has just released their newest music video "Ingenue" and it stars their founder and frontman Thom Yorke. The Radiohead lead vocalist dances in the four-minute-and-a-half clip that accompanies Atoms for Peace's latest single, a cut from their debut studio effort entitled "Amok".
The video starts off with Yorke standing alone in the center of the stage of an empty auditorium. As he begins his freestyle dance routine, he shares the stage with U.S.-born Japanese contemporary dancer Fukiko Takase, both of them wearing the same brown suit and tie. It ends as it began, with Yorke alone onstage.
The concept and direction for the video came from Garth Jennings who directed Blur's "Coffee and TV" visual. Meanwhile, the dance routine was choreographed by Wayne McGregor, who had already previously worked with Radiohead on their "Lotus Flower" music video.
Yorke and his Atoms for Peace co-members, longtime Radiohead producer Nigel Godrich, Red Hot Chili Peppers' bassist Flea, percussionist Mauro Refosco and Beck's Joey Waronker, are set to perform at the album launch gigs in Berlin and New York next month, to support their debut album which they released last February 25.
Yorke and his bandmates apparently bonded over "a shared love of the music of Afrobeat" and their debut project "Amok" was "the product of getting together, getting wasted and listening to" Nigerian multi-instrumentalist Fela Kuti.
Atoms for Peace's "Ingenue" music video
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert
- She's 'Dying'! Cher Suffers From Mystery Illness