Gary Oldman Added to 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Cast Member
Another big star joins the cast ensemble of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Gary Oldman is reported by ComingSoon to play the leader of a human colony in the follow-up to 2011's Rupert Wyatt-directed "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which starred James Franco.
The Commissioner Gordon of "The Dark Knight Rises" will be working with "Cloverfield" helmer Matt Reeves in the sequel that takes place 15 years after the events in the first film. He will be among the survivors as humanity is wiped out and the apes take over the world.
Andy Serkis is set to return, performing motion-capture to bring Caesar to life. Jason Clarke is cast as a new male lead, replacing "Spring Breakers" actor Franco. Kodi Smit-McPhee is another new face added to the cast ensemble of the upcoming movie.
Oldman, 54, last appeared on the big screen portraying mobster Floyd Banner in John Hillcoat's "Lawless". His next projects include "Paranoia" and "RoboCop".
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked