Gary Oldman Added to 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Cast Member
Another big star joins the cast ensemble of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Gary Oldman is reported by ComingSoon to play the leader of a human colony in the follow-up to 2011's Rupert Wyatt-directed "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which starred James Franco.
The Commissioner Gordon of "The Dark Knight Rises" will be working with "Cloverfield" helmer Matt Reeves in the sequel that takes place 15 years after the events in the first film. He will be among the survivors as humanity is wiped out and the apes take over the world.
Andy Serkis is set to return, performing motion-capture to bring Caesar to life. Jason Clarke is cast as a new male lead, replacing "Spring Breakers" actor Franco. Kodi Smit-McPhee is another new face added to the cast ensemble of the upcoming movie.
Oldman, 54, last appeared on the big screen portraying mobster Floyd Banner in John Hillcoat's "Lawless". His next projects include "Paranoia" and "RoboCop".
- Kylie Jenner Launches Kyshadow Collection
- Rob Kardashian Fights With Blac Chyna, Deletes All Signs of Her on Instagram
- Four New Christina Grimmie Music Videos Will Be Released in August
- Justin Timberlake's Fan Arrested After Slapping the Singer at Golf Tournament
- Comic-Con: 'Guardians of the Galaxy 2' Footage and 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Villain Revealed
- Leonardo DiCaprio Reunites With Nina Agdal After 'Caught Flirting' With Another Woman at His Gala
- Watch Henry Cavill Walk Around in Mask and Hilariously Prank Will Smith at Comic-Con
- Comic-Con: New 'Fantastic Beasts' Trailer Shows Newt Scamander Recapturing the Creatures