Gary Oldman Added to 'Dawn of the Planet of the Apes' Cast Member
Another big star joins the cast ensemble of "Dawn of the Planet of the Apes". Gary Oldman is reported by ComingSoon to play the leader of a human colony in the follow-up to 2011's Rupert Wyatt-directed "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" which starred James Franco.
The Commissioner Gordon of "The Dark Knight Rises" will be working with "Cloverfield" helmer Matt Reeves in the sequel that takes place 15 years after the events in the first film. He will be among the survivors as humanity is wiped out and the apes take over the world.
Andy Serkis is set to return, performing motion-capture to bring Caesar to life. Jason Clarke is cast as a new male lead, replacing "Spring Breakers" actor Franco. Kodi Smit-McPhee is another new face added to the cast ensemble of the upcoming movie.
Oldman, 54, last appeared on the big screen portraying mobster Floyd Banner in John Hillcoat's "Lawless". His next projects include "Paranoia" and "RoboCop".
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Enjoy Night Out in Cannes
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Enjoying 'Wild Sex' in Cannes
- Mariah Carey Is Slammed by Co-Star for Alleged 'Bananas' Behaviour on 'The House' Filming Set
- Super Junior's Kyuhyun Begins Mandatory Military Service
- Report: Chris Pratt and Anna Faris Expecting Second Child
- Get a Look at Various Aliens and Creatures in Stunning 'Valerian' Final Trailer
- Katy Perry Unfollows Migos on Instagram After Backlash Over Homophobia
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video