Emma Watson Eying a Role in 'Cinderella'
Emma Watson reportedly will star in Disney's "Cinderella" as she is now in early negotiations to bring the pauper-turned-princess character into live-action movie. Replacing Mark Romanek, Kenneth Branagh is on board to direct the project based on Chris Weitz's screenplay.
Previously, the studio had also considered Gabriella Wilde ("The Three Musketeers"), Imogen Poots ("Need for Speed") and Alicia Vikander ("Anna Karenina") to play the leading role. Meanwhile Cate Blanchett is already on board to play the wicked stepmother.
Disney hopes to start filming the movie produced by Simon Kinberg sometimes around this fall in London for a possible 2014 release. "Cinderella" will mark the studio's latest live-action adaptation of children tales after Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", Sam Raimi's "Oz: The Great and Powerful", Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent" which is inspired by "Sleeping Beauty".
This is not the first time Watson is considered to play Cinderella. Back in 2009, she was going to play the character in a drama musical Marilyn Manson planned on writing and directing.
Since "Harry Potter" finished its run at the megaplex, the Hermione Granger in the movie series adapted from J.K. Rowling's novels has been busy with other projects. She received rave reviews for her performance in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". She will also be featured in "This Is the End", "The Bling Ring" and "Noah" which is due in 2014.
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch
- The Internet Mocks Donald Trump for Sniffling and Drinking a Lot During Presidential Debate
- Listen to DNCE's New Single 'Body Moves'
- New 'Luke Cage' Trailer Reveals Surprise Cameos
- Jessica Simpson's Marriage in Trouble? She and Husband Reportedly 'Fighting Non-Stop' for Months