Emma Watson Eying a Role in 'Cinderella'
Emma Watson reportedly will star in Disney's "Cinderella" as she is now in early negotiations to bring the pauper-turned-princess character into live-action movie. Replacing Mark Romanek, Kenneth Branagh is on board to direct the project based on Chris Weitz's screenplay.
Previously, the studio had also considered Gabriella Wilde ("The Three Musketeers"), Imogen Poots ("Need for Speed") and Alicia Vikander ("Anna Karenina") to play the leading role. Meanwhile Cate Blanchett is already on board to play the wicked stepmother.
Disney hopes to start filming the movie produced by Simon Kinberg sometimes around this fall in London for a possible 2014 release. "Cinderella" will mark the studio's latest live-action adaptation of children tales after Tim Burton's "Alice in Wonderland", Sam Raimi's "Oz: The Great and Powerful", Angelina Jolie's "Maleficent" which is inspired by "Sleeping Beauty".
This is not the first time Watson is considered to play Cinderella. Back in 2009, she was going to play the character in a drama musical Marilyn Manson planned on writing and directing.
Since "Harry Potter" finished its run at the megaplex, the Hermione Granger in the movie series adapted from J.K. Rowling's novels has been busy with other projects. She received rave reviews for her performance in "The Perks of Being a Wallflower". She will also be featured in "This Is the End", "The Bling Ring" and "Noah" which is due in 2014.
- Kristen Stewart Reunites With 'Twilight' Co-Stars at Women in Hollywood Awards
- Len Wiseman Files for Divorce From Kate Beckinsale
- Lady GaGa to Perform at 2016 American Music Awards
- Gilmore Girls at Major Crossroads in 'A Year in the Life' First Trailer
- Justin Timberlake Votes Early but He Lands in Trouble for Taking Ballot Selfie
- 'Walking Dead' Slammed by Parents TV Council Over Brutal Deaths
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit