Taylor Swift, Jason Aldean and More to Salute Tim McGraw
Country music superstar Tim McGraw has been chosen as this year's Academy of Country Music Awards honoree and as expected, the best in country music will be coming out to salute the singer in a special tribute concert. Taylor Swift, Jason Aldean, and Luke Bryan will perform in the two-hour long "ACM Presents: Tim McGraw's Superstar Summer Night" with the curious inclusion of R'n'B crooner Ne-Yo.
The show will be taped from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas on April 8, a day after the Academy of Country Music Awards, and will be aired in summer on CBS. It will be the fourth time that ACM will mount such a television special, with McGraw following three previous awardees Lionel Richie, Brooks & Dunn, and George Strait.
"There's no better time for live music than in the heat of the summer," according to McGraw, who will donate all proceeds from the show to the ACM Lifting Lives program. "Country music is hotter than it has ever been, and with some help from a few friends in other genres too, we're going to get summer started off right."
"Superstar Summer Night" special is the second ACM event that McGraw has supported to raise funds for the organization after 2011's Operation Homefront. "I've been lucky enough to have all these artists join me on tour, and it'll be fun to get everyone back together to help raise money and bring some attention to Lifting Lives," McGraw said.
More Taylor Swift News
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked