Daniel Radcliffe in Final Talks to Play Igor in 'Frankenstein'
Daniel Radcliffe is reportedly in final negotiations to star in the new take of untitled Frankenstein project, a 20th Century Fox film about the popular monster created by Dr. Viktor Frankenstein. In the film adapted from Mary Shelley's classic novel, Radcliffe will play Igor, Dr. Frankenstein's hunchback.
Back in 2011, Max Landis who wrote the screenplay revealed that the film would center on Igor, instead of Dr. Frankenstein or the monster. Igor is described as a pathologically dirty man with long hair who dresses in old clown clothes. Landis also tried to straighten the misconceptions that developed around the Frankenstein myth and work them into a coherent story.
"I began to pick apart our knowledge of Frankenstein and discovered that the public's idea of this myth comes from a million different places," Landis said. "I became committed to recontextualizing it all so it all worked in one story. By the end of the day, yeah it's a period piece, yes it's from Igor's perspective, but man it's cool... it's the best thing I've written."
Paul McGuingan is going to direct the film while John Davis will serve as the producer. According to Variety, the filming will begin in fall after Radcliffe finishes his stage production, "Cripple of Inishmaan".
Radcliffe is next to be seen in "Kill Your Darlings" which has been premiered at the 2013 Sundance Film Festival. He plays Allen Ginsberg, a famed Beat generation writer, along with Ben Foster who stars as William Burroughs, Jack Huston as Jack Kerouac, and Dane DeHaan as Lucien Carr.
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies
- New 'Powerless' Promo Features Crimson Fox Catching a Train
- Woody Harrelson Is Han Solo's Mentor in Upcoming 'Star Wars' Spin-Off