Anderson Cooper Defends Anne Hathaway Against Mean Haters
Anderson Cooper didn't understand why there was so much hatred against Anne Hathaway. The CNN anchor thought people were overreacting when giving his comment on the amount of criticisms thrown against the "Les Miserables" actress.
"In our morning meeting today, we were talking about this and the level of hatred people have towards Anne Hathaway; I had no idea. She seems like a perfectly lovely person," he said on his show Thursday, February 28. "I don't understand. She's incredibly talented, she seems like a lovely person, I think she's been through a lot. People have all these judgments about her; they don't know what she's really like. It upset me."
When his co-host tried to criticize her speech after winning Best Supporting Actress at the 85th annual Oscars, the "Anderson" presenter once again came to Hathaway's defense. "She got up there, she made eye contact, she remembered people's names without reading it. I mean, give her a break," he said.
"The amount of pressure she must feel knowing all these people hate her - give her a break; she seems like a lovely young person. Again, people form all these opinions on people based on nothing. You have no actual evidence," the Silver Fox continued.
"I've got no dog in this hunt. I don't know Anne Hathaway. It just seems so completely unfair to me. I had no idea this whole hatred existed, I feel like I've just woken up and realized the entire universe is attacking her and I feel bad for her and I am defending her."
Anne was ridiculed on the internet during the Academy Awards due to her Prada dress that featured perky bust line. Many ran stories giving an impression that she flaunted her nipples while in reality it's not even showing.
She's back on the news later on after admitting that she ditched Valentino gown for a creation by another designer. She apologized for the snafu, explaining the last-minute change was inevitable to avoid her showing up in a dress similar to another actress, Amanda Seyfried.
- 'Stranger Things': Here's What Upside Down Is According to the Child Actors
- Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner Grab Breakfast Sans Kids Amid Rumor They Call Off Divorce
- Cheryl's Mom Fuels Rumors Singer Is Expecting a Child With Liam Payne
- Lionsgate Is Open for More 'Twilight' Sequels
- Cara Delevingne Nearly Topless in Ripped Top for Puma Campaign
- See Tom Brady Sunbathing Completely Naked During Vacation With Gisele Bundchen
- Everyone Is Excited to Meet Superman in New 'Supergirl' Season 2 Sneak Peeks
- Nick Jonas Shares His First Photo From 'Jumanji' Set, but There's a Catch