'The Hobbit 3' Postponed to December 2014
"The Hobbit: There and Back Again" gets delayed by for five months. The final installment in Peter Jackson's trilogy adaption of the J.R.R. Tolkien novel is moved from the initial release date of July 18, 2014 to a new slot of December 17, 2014.
Words are, Warner Bros. decides to postpone "The Hobbit 3" from summer to fall to avoid face-off against superhero flick "X-Men: Days of Future Past". So far, the epic fantasy adventure movie is the only one occupying the December 17 spot.
Jackson begins his trilogy with "The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey" which has raked in $300.9M domestically and $979.9M worldwide since it was released on December 14, 2012. Its follow-up "The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug" is scheduled to start viewing in theaters across the country on December 13 this year.
- VIXX's Ken Gets Blasted for Writing Curse Words in Official Video
- Ready to Settle Down? Taylor Lautner and Billie Lourd Already 'Talking Marriage'
- Inside Blake Shelton's Romantic Summer Tryst With Gwen Stefani
- Gal Gadot Nearly Quitted Acting Before Landing Wonder Woman Role
- Jamie Foxx and Katie Holmes Board Private Jet Together in Paris Despite Boldly Denying Romance
- Kylie Jenner Tells Bella Thorne to be Careful of 'Charming Player' Scott Disick
- 'Survivor: Game Changers': [Spoiler] Is Crowned the Winner of Season 34
- Is Gwen Stefani Pregnant With Blake Shelton's Child?