Christian Slater Is Engaged to Longtime Girlfriend
Christian Slater announced his engagement to his longtime lover Brittany Lopez on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Thursday, February 27. In addition, the 43-year-old actor shared a unique story of seeing her for the first time in 2009. Slater thought Lopez was lesbian.
The actor revealed, "I went down to Miami a couple years ago, stayed at this little resort called Little Palm Island... and this girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady. I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal that morning... and this spot was famous for people proposing to each other... and next thing I know she gets down on one knee and proposes to this older lady."
Slater continued, "I thought I had just witnessed a nice lesbian engagement, so I was coming over to say congratulations, but it turns out it was her aunt and she was just trying to help her aunt capture the beauty and the romance of the moment. She was making a joke, and I witnessed it, and it intrigued me, and the next thing I know we were hanging out in the Everglades."
It will be Slater's second marriage. He was married to Ryan Haddon from 2000 to 2007. Slater and Haddon have two children, Jaden and Eliana. Later, Slater dated Jimmy Choo boss Tamara Mellon for two years. The couple ended their romantic relationship in 2009.
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says