Christian Slater Is Engaged to Longtime Girlfriend
Christian Slater announced his engagement to his longtime lover Brittany Lopez on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Thursday, February 27. In addition, the 43-year-old actor shared a unique story of seeing her for the first time in 2009. Slater thought Lopez was lesbian.
The actor revealed, "I went down to Miami a couple years ago, stayed at this little resort called Little Palm Island... and this girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady. I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal that morning... and this spot was famous for people proposing to each other... and next thing I know she gets down on one knee and proposes to this older lady."
Slater continued, "I thought I had just witnessed a nice lesbian engagement, so I was coming over to say congratulations, but it turns out it was her aunt and she was just trying to help her aunt capture the beauty and the romance of the moment. She was making a joke, and I witnessed it, and it intrigued me, and the next thing I know we were hanging out in the Everglades."
It will be Slater's second marriage. He was married to Ryan Haddon from 2000 to 2007. Slater and Haddon have two children, Jaden and Eliana. Later, Slater dated Jimmy Choo boss Tamara Mellon for two years. The couple ended their romantic relationship in 2009.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?