Christian Slater Is Engaged to Longtime Girlfriend
Christian Slater announced his engagement to his longtime lover Brittany Lopez on "Late Night with Jimmy Fallon" on Thursday, February 27. In addition, the 43-year-old actor shared a unique story of seeing her for the first time in 2009. Slater thought Lopez was lesbian.
The actor revealed, "I went down to Miami a couple years ago, stayed at this little resort called Little Palm Island... and this girl came walking along with another lady, a slightly older lady. I was sitting in my usual spot, eating my oatmeal that morning... and this spot was famous for people proposing to each other... and next thing I know she gets down on one knee and proposes to this older lady."
Slater continued, "I thought I had just witnessed a nice lesbian engagement, so I was coming over to say congratulations, but it turns out it was her aunt and she was just trying to help her aunt capture the beauty and the romance of the moment. She was making a joke, and I witnessed it, and it intrigued me, and the next thing I know we were hanging out in the Everglades."
It will be Slater's second marriage. He was married to Ryan Haddon from 2000 to 2007. Slater and Haddon have two children, Jaden and Eliana. Later, Slater dated Jimmy Choo boss Tamara Mellon for two years. The couple ended their romantic relationship in 2009.
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed