Morrissey Slams Jimmy Kimmel for Mocking Vegans, Kimmel Calls the Statement 'Dumb'
A war of words has erupted between Morrissey and Jimmy Kimmel. After the British rocker canceled his scheduled performance on "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" due to "Duck Dynasty" cast appearance, the host poked fun at the singer and vegans in the Tuesday, February 26 edition of the talk show. Morrissey then quickly reacted as he was clearly displeased with the joke.
In a long statement, he said, "I was disappointed with last night's Jimmy Kimmel Show wherein our smiling host managed to ridicule depression (70% of Americans have experienced depression according to the National Institute of Mental Health). He then found time to ridicule healthy eating (the obesity epidemic in the U.S. costs $147 billion per year in medical expenditure), and he also ridiculed the notion that animals should be entitled to the possession of their own lives."
He added, "Furthermore, he found time to jokingly promote gun-ownership - hugely amusing for the parents at Sandy Hook, no doubt. He also promoted his special guests 'Duck Dynasty' - who kill beings for fun. None of the above issues are, of course, as important as Jimmy Kimmel himself, who has finally revealed his show to have an overwhelming loss of meaning. Tune in and relive the intellectual fog of the 1950s."
Kimmel later responded to Morrissey's statement via a Twitter post, "note to Morrissey - if you have more dumb statements to make, I invite you to make them where I do, on my show." He also said on his show Wednesday night, "This has nothing to do with people who eat meat versus people who don't. I'm completely respectful of people who do not eat meat, but the statement he made is ridiculous."
"I'd like to invite him to join the show to discuss. I'm an open, even-handed person, and I consider all points of view," he stressed, repeating the last line several times. "If I keep saying it, maybe it will be true. I've invited him to talk this out, and perhaps we will both be better men for it, but probably not."
More Jimmy Kimmel News
- Ryan Reynolds Finally Reveals Why He Looked So Uninterested in That Taylor Swift Photo
- 'Transformers' Star Isabela Moner Lands Key Role in 'Sicario' Sequel 'Soldado'
- HBO and J.J. Abrams Teaming Up for Space Drama 'Glare'
- James Franco's Surprise Role in 'Alien: Covenant' Unveiled
- Angelina Jolie Seen in Public for the First Time Since Brad Pitt Divorce Sans Wedding Ring
- Listen to a Sneak Peek of Louis Tomlinson's Debut Solo Song 'Just Hold On' Featuring Steve Aoki
- They Mean It! Kardashians Not Backing Down Against Blac Chyna Trademarking Her Name
- 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Sequel Gets Release Date. Mark Your Calendar!