Sony Debunks 'Ghosbusters 3' Animation Rumor
Sony Pictures claims that "Ghostbusters 3" positively won't be animated. A representative from Sony tells Coming Soon that the studio insists to continue developing the project as a live-action film. It confirms the rumor is not true as there is no animated movie in the works.
The rumor first sparked as Bloody-Disgusting reported that the company might want to continue the plan on bringing the third installment to animated version. Sony indeed planned on animating "Ghosbuster 3" back in 2007. The project turned into "Ghostbusters" video game in 2009.
The film production kept being delayed after all the original cast members were ready to start filming, except for Bill Murray who just wouldn't commit to the project. In October 2012, Sony announced it wouldn't make a final decision about whether or not it would make "Ghostbuster 3" until spring 2013.
Directed by Ivan Reitman, the film will center around the old team teaching a bunch of young recruits how to be ghostbusters. The plan seems to be handing off the franchise to the younger generation. Sigourney Weaver, Anna Faris, Eliza Dushku, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Annie Potts and Ernie Hudson are attached to star.
- Cress Williams to Lead The CW's DC Superhero Series 'Black Lightning'
- Joe Carnahan Rumored to Direct 'X-Force', Ryan Reynolds to Co-Write the Movie
- Did Nicki Minaj Just Diss Lil' Kim in Gucci Mane Collaboration 'Make Love'?
- Fifth Harmony, Nick Viall and Nancy Kerrigan to Join 'DWTS' Season 24
- Justin Bieber Denies Peeing His Pants: 'Water Spilled on My D**k Area'
- Meryl Streep Reacts After Karl Lagerfeld Calls Her 'Cheap' for Snubbing Chanel Dress at Oscars
- Watch Ed Sheeran Adorably Crash Katy Perry's Interview
- Neil Gaiman's 'American Gods' Finally Has Premiere Date