Sony Debunks 'Ghosbusters 3' Animation Rumor
Sony Pictures claims that "Ghostbusters 3" positively won't be animated. A representative from Sony tells Coming Soon that the studio insists to continue developing the project as a live-action film. It confirms the rumor is not true as there is no animated movie in the works.
The rumor first sparked as Bloody-Disgusting reported that the company might want to continue the plan on bringing the third installment to animated version. Sony indeed planned on animating "Ghosbuster 3" back in 2007. The project turned into "Ghostbusters" video game in 2009.
The film production kept being delayed after all the original cast members were ready to start filming, except for Bill Murray who just wouldn't commit to the project. In October 2012, Sony announced it wouldn't make a final decision about whether or not it would make "Ghostbuster 3" until spring 2013.
Directed by Ivan Reitman, the film will center around the old team teaching a bunch of young recruits how to be ghostbusters. The plan seems to be handing off the franchise to the younger generation. Sigourney Weaver, Anna Faris, Eliza Dushku, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Annie Potts and Ernie Hudson are attached to star.
- Caitlyn Jenner to Become Mom Next Year as She's Banned From Meeting Baby Dream
- Rihanna Squashes Beyonce Grammys Feud Rumors: 'This Is Just Unnecessary!'
- Zac Efron Goes Shirtless in Teaser Trailer for 'Baywatch'
- 'Reign' Canceled by The CW After 4 Seasons
- It's Official! Joe Jonas and Sophie Turner Are Dating
- Are Britney Spears and Christina Aguilera Collaborating on New 'Glory' Remix?
- Sia Splits From Husband of Two Years, Erik Anders Lang
- Is Angelina Jolie Giving Brad Pitt a Second Chance?