Sony Debunks 'Ghosbusters 3' Animation Rumor
Sony Pictures claims that "Ghostbusters 3" positively won't be animated. A representative from Sony tells Coming Soon that the studio insists to continue developing the project as a live-action film. It confirms the rumor is not true as there is no animated movie in the works.
The rumor first sparked as Bloody-Disgusting reported that the company might want to continue the plan on bringing the third installment to animated version. Sony indeed planned on animating "Ghosbuster 3" back in 2007. The project turned into "Ghostbusters" video game in 2009.
The film production kept being delayed after all the original cast members were ready to start filming, except for Bill Murray who just wouldn't commit to the project. In October 2012, Sony announced it wouldn't make a final decision about whether or not it would make "Ghostbuster 3" until spring 2013.
Directed by Ivan Reitman, the film will center around the old team teaching a bunch of young recruits how to be ghostbusters. The plan seems to be handing off the franchise to the younger generation. Sigourney Weaver, Anna Faris, Eliza Dushku, Dan Aykroyd, Harold Ramis, Annie Potts and Ernie Hudson are attached to star.
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?
- 'Thor: Ragnarok': 'Jurassic Park' Star Sam Neill Reveals His Secret Role
- Lindsay Lohan's Ex Egor Denies He's Broke and Let Her Pay for Everything While Still Dating
- 'Last Man on Earth' Premiere Features Surprise Cameo, Stages Mini 'Mad Men' Reunion
- Blac Chyna's Mom Scolds Rob Kardashian, Fears He Will 'Ruin' Their Relationship
- Drake Depicts Violence, Gets Steamy With a Girl in New 'Please Forgive Me' Short Film
- Kendall and Kylie Jenner Get Matching Ferraris. But Why Is One Sister Left Embarrassed?
- Angelina Jolie Reportedly Turns to Johnny Depp Amid Brad Pitt Divorce