'Top Chef: Seattle' Crowns Its Winner
Kristen Kish and Brooke Williamson were battling it out for the champion title in the final showdown of "Top Chef: Seattle". The episode which aired Wednesday, February 27 was filmed before live audience in Los Angeles on February 22.
In the finale, both chefs had to prepare a five-course meal. Kish presented a chicken liver mousse with frisee, mustard, prune, hazelnuts and pumpernickel; citrus and lavender cured scallop with bitter orange, Meyer lemon and apple; bone marrow with celery root puree, mushrooms, bitter greens and radishes; and red snapper with leeks, Little Gem lettuce, tarragon, uni and shellfish nage.
"At the end of the day, my cooking is not super complicated," Kish said of her menu. "My goal for this menu was just to do simple, good, elegant food with precision and excellence, taking simple things like chicken liver moose, bone marrow or a piece of fish and executing them well."
Still, season-four winner Stephanie Izard said Kish had more than enough talent and fire to deserve the win. Kish eventually won over Williamson, whose menu included seared scallop over salt cod puree, vadouvan-fried chicken wings, and a braised pork cheek with crispy red snapper, collard green slaw and sorrel puree.
"I remember hearing my name and turning my back to the judges for what felt like five minutes but what I'm sure was just five seconds to compose myself and take it all in," Kish said after she's announced as the winner. She took home the $125,000 grand prize.
The 28-year-old chef de cuisine was earlier eliminated from the show, but she made her way back into the competition after winning the companion web series "Last Chance Kitchen". Asked if she would open her own restaurant, Kish replied, "Eventually, sure, I don't know."
"I want to let this TV thing settle down in the coming months and see how long I can last without it. I'm lucky and very thankful that I'm working for an amazing woman who inspires me every day," she continued, praising chef Barbara Lynch whom she has worked for. "I want to create my career and sustain my career based off of my talents and abilities, as opposed to being on television."
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos
- Spoiler Alert! 'Arrow' Showrunner Unveils Season 5 Finale Scene
- Trouble in Paradise? Jennifer Aniston's 'Tired' Justin Theroux Chooses His Career Over Her
- The Rock Has Some Epic Fights in New 'Jumanji' On-Set Photos
- Lady GaGa Causes Twitter Frenzy With Her 'Unrecognizable' Face on 'X Factor'
- New 'The Flash' Set Photos Reveal New Villain and a Mysterious Character
- Report: 'Game of Thrones' Books UFC Fighter Conor McGregor for Upcoming Season