Beyonce Slammed by PETA for Ordering Animal-Skin Shoes
Beyonce Knowles is constantly at odds with PETA. After receiving protest from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals over her Super Bowl outfit earlier this year, Queen Bey once again comes under fire from the organization for ordering shoes made of exotic animal skins.
The footwear in question is made by Perfectly Made Kicks (PMK) specifically for the Destiny's Child member. Nicknamed "King Bey", the white sneaker wedge design features skins from at least five different animals such as stingray, anaconda, ostrich, crocodile and calf.
"These custom-made kicks come with a high price - and it's paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed. Although most people aren't as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers as they are with the cats and dogs we share our homes with, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared, and skinned alive," PETA states.
The organization continues, "We hope that Beyonce will choose to wear more clothes from her own clothing line - which features faux fur - and that one day, she'll go completely cruelty-free. She can always choose the cruelty-free and 'green' fashion favored by compassionate, chic celebrities such as Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway and designers such as award-winning fashion queen Stella McCartney."
PMK is Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z's favorite brand for sneaker. Last year, a pair of shoes dubbed the Brooklyn Zoo made of boa, crocodile, ostrich and other exotic animals were designed specifically for him.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance