Beyonce Slammed by PETA for Ordering Animal-Skin Shoes
Beyonce Knowles is constantly at odds with PETA. After receiving protest from the People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals over her Super Bowl outfit earlier this year, Queen Bey once again comes under fire from the organization for ordering shoes made of exotic animal skins.
The footwear in question is made by Perfectly Made Kicks (PMK) specifically for the Destiny's Child member. Nicknamed "King Bey", the white sneaker wedge design features skins from at least five different animals such as stingray, anaconda, ostrich, crocodile and calf.
"These custom-made kicks come with a high price - and it's paid by the various animals who were beaten and skinned alive or cruelly farmed and killed. Although most people aren't as familiar with the types of animals (snakes, stingrays, crocodiles, and ostriches) killed for this single pair of sneakers as they are with the cats and dogs we share our homes with, these animals are highly sensitive living beings who try hard to avoid capture and suffer enormously when trapped, netted, speared, and skinned alive," PETA states.
The organization continues, "We hope that Beyonce will choose to wear more clothes from her own clothing line - which features faux fur - and that one day, she'll go completely cruelty-free. She can always choose the cruelty-free and 'green' fashion favored by compassionate, chic celebrities such as Natalie Portman and Anne Hathaway and designers such as award-winning fashion queen Stella McCartney."
PMK is Beyonce and her husband Jay-Z's favorite brand for sneaker. Last year, a pair of shoes dubbed the Brooklyn Zoo made of boa, crocodile, ostrich and other exotic animals were designed specifically for him.
More Beyonce Knowles News
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!