Cee-Lo Green Premieres New Music Video 'Only You'
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green has premiered the music video for his new single "Only You", the lead track from his forthcoming fourth album "Everybody's Brother". Emerging pop/R'n'B singer Lauriana Mae, who assists in the new love ballad, also joins Green in the Ethan Lader-directed clip.
In the almost four-minute clip, Green and Lauriana Mae, both are dressing in black, separately stroll around a shape-shifting L.A. cityscape, as the buildings, trees and other objects around them warp into kaleidoscopic fragments. As Green's retro-soul blend combines with the newbie's soulful jazz vocals, the two singers stand at each end of a road that never meets, in a brilliant representation of the song's main theme.
"It's about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other," Green explained about the song's meaning when he first released the track last month. "It's like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it's still optimistic."
The mid-tempo, stirring ballad dishes out wittingly-written metaphors and ironies penned by Skylar Grey (who's busy preparing for her own solo album set for a spring release) that were aptly matched by the simple-looking yet painstakingly-created and intricately-executed music video. It has a classic Motown sound and a catchy contemporary pop hook that puts it among the top contenders for this year's top 40 tracks.
Cee-Lo's "Only You" Music Video Feat. Lauriana Mae
- Miley Cyrus and Liam Hemsworth Are Reportedly Trying for Twins
- Kim Kardashian Is Jealous of Kourtney's Banging Bikini Body
- From Jail to Cannes! 'Hot Felon' Jeremy Meeks Partying With Nicki Minaj at amfAR Gala
- Your Favorite 'Game of Thrones' Stars Will Get More Screen Time in Season 7
- Kylie Jenner Reportedly Pregnant With Travis Scott's Baby
- Leonardo DiCaprio Mingles With Bella Hadid in Cannes, Sparks Romance Rumors
- See Ben Affleck Hilariously Imitating Christian Bale's Batman for Red Nose Day
- Zayn Malik Regrets His 'Fifty Shades' Duet With Taylor Swift