Cee-Lo Green Premieres New Music Video 'Only You'
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green has premiered the music video for his new single "Only You", the lead track from his forthcoming fourth album "Everybody's Brother". Emerging pop/R'n'B singer Lauriana Mae, who assists in the new love ballad, also joins Green in the Ethan Lader-directed clip.
In the almost four-minute clip, Green and Lauriana Mae, both are dressing in black, separately stroll around a shape-shifting L.A. cityscape, as the buildings, trees and other objects around them warp into kaleidoscopic fragments. As Green's retro-soul blend combines with the newbie's soulful jazz vocals, the two singers stand at each end of a road that never meets, in a brilliant representation of the song's main theme.
"It's about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other," Green explained about the song's meaning when he first released the track last month. "It's like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it's still optimistic."
The mid-tempo, stirring ballad dishes out wittingly-written metaphors and ironies penned by Skylar Grey (who's busy preparing for her own solo album set for a spring release) that were aptly matched by the simple-looking yet painstakingly-created and intricately-executed music video. It has a classic Motown sound and a catchy contemporary pop hook that puts it among the top contenders for this year's top 40 tracks.
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'
- Denzel Washington and Viola Davis Argue Over Their Hard Lives in 'Fences' Teaser Trailer
- Netflix Debuts First Trailer for Its Ambitious Royal Drama 'The Crown'
- Did Gigi Hadid Throw Shade at Harry Styles With This Photo of Zayn Malik?