Cee-Lo Green Premieres New Music Video 'Only You'
Singer/songwriter and record producer Cee-Lo Green has premiered the music video for his new single "Only You", the lead track from his forthcoming fourth album "Everybody's Brother". Emerging pop/R'n'B singer Lauriana Mae, who assists in the new love ballad, also joins Green in the Ethan Lader-directed clip.
In the almost four-minute clip, Green and Lauriana Mae, both are dressing in black, separately stroll around a shape-shifting L.A. cityscape, as the buildings, trees and other objects around them warp into kaleidoscopic fragments. As Green's retro-soul blend combines with the newbie's soulful jazz vocals, the two singers stand at each end of a road that never meets, in a brilliant representation of the song's main theme.
"It's about two people on different paths, hoping for the best, hoping that those paths lead to each other," Green explained about the song's meaning when he first released the track last month. "It's like love lost or the acknowledgment of a love lost, but it's still optimistic."
The mid-tempo, stirring ballad dishes out wittingly-written metaphors and ironies penned by Skylar Grey (who's busy preparing for her own solo album set for a spring release) that were aptly matched by the simple-looking yet painstakingly-created and intricately-executed music video. It has a classic Motown sound and a catchy contemporary pop hook that puts it among the top contenders for this year's top 40 tracks.
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation