Tina Fey Says No to Hosting Oscars
Despite the rave reviews she received from hosting Golden Globe Awards with Amy Poehler, Tina Fey is reluctant to carry the same duty at Academy Awards for the biggest night in movie. "No way," so she said when interviewed by the Huffington Post.
"I just feel like that gig is so hard," the "30 Rock" star explained her reason to rule herself out as a contender for a host of the Oscar ceremony. "Especially for, like, a woman - the amount of months that would be spent trying on dresses alone ... no way."
When asked if there's at least a one-in-a-million chance, Fey replied with a smile, "I wish I could tell you there was."
Seth MacFarlane, who hosted the event this year, is not keen to reprise his role either. "No way. Lotta fun to have done it, though," so he said.
Over the weekend at the live telecast, he cracked jokes about Adele. "Rex Reed will be out here to review Adele's performance of 'Skyfall'," he said, assuming that his audience already knew that the movie critics called Melissa McCarthy "hippo" and "tractor-sized" when reviewing her new film "Identity Thief".
He then made a reference to the infamous domestic violence case involving Rihanna and Chris Brown when making a comment about "Django Unchained". "It is the story of a man fighting to get back his woman, who's been subjected to unthinkable violence. Or as Chris Brown and Rihanna call it, a date movie," he deadpanned.
- Drake Admits Nicki Minaj Was the Reason Behind His Meek Mill Feud
- 'The Walking Dead' Will Reveal Who Helped Daryl Escape the Sanctuary
- Beyonce Is Suffering From Bad Morning Sickness
- You're Not the Victim! Brad Pitt Blasts Angelina Jolie's Cambodian Interview
- Watch Migos' Energetic Performance of 'Bad and Boujee' on 'Ellen'
- Ryan Seacrest Assures Fans Everything Is OK After Fire Breaks Out at His $50M Mansion
- Pregnant Again? Blac Chyna Sports Suspicious Bump While Stepping Out With Another Man
- Get a Look at Intriguing New Footage of 'King Arthur: Legend of the Sword'