Bradley Cooper Signs on to 'Kokowaah' Remake and Will Possibly Direct It
A number of projects are already waiting for Bradley Cooper post-"Silver Linings Playbook", but that doesn't stop him from adding another one. The recent Oscar nominee for Best Actor has signed on to star in "Kokowaah", an English language remake of a German film.
Deadline reports that Cooper is setting up the project at Warner Bros. Pictures with Sheroum Kim. Apart from being the actor's starring vehicle, the project could end up becoming his feature directing debut. Early draft of the script was provided by Chris Shafer and Paul Vicknair, but it will be re-written by Black List scribes Scott Rothman and Rajiv Joseph.
"Kokowaah" revolves around the relationship between a bachelor named Henry and a devoted family man named Trevor. The two are forced to re-evaluate their lives following a discovery about the paternity of Travor's daughter Maddy. The original German version of the movie was released in 2011 and became the highest-grossing film of the year in the country.
After claiming success with "Silver Linings", Cooper will be seen in "The Place Beyond the Pines" and "Serena" this year. He will return to "The Hangover Part III" for his next project. He has also been attached to "American Sniper", "Dark Invasion" and an untitled David O. Russell project about Abscam.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance