The Temptations' Member Richard Street Dies at 70
Motown star and former The Temptations singer Richard Street passed away on Wednesday, February 27 because of pulmonary embolism. Richard's wife, Cindy Street, said that her husband had been hospitalized for a few days.
Richard experienced back pain and breathing difficulty on Friday. When he went to the hospital, doctors found blood clot in his lung. Although the condition seemed severe, Richard did his best. Cindy said, "He was really fighting for his life. He's a fighter."
Previously, another The Temptations member passed away this month. Singer Otis "Damon" Harris died from prostate cancer on Monday, February 18, at the age of 62. In regards to the death of two The Temptations members in the same month, Cindy said that she couldn't believe it, "They're dancing up there in heaven, him and Damon. I'm in disbelief right now."
Cindy revealed that Richard "was a really good person." She added, "He was part of black history. He was always proud of that. He sang on a lot of those classic songs: 'Papa Was a Rollin' Stone', 'Hey Girl', 'Heavenly', 'Superstar', 'Masterpiece'." Cindy also said that Richard performed in 45 stages in Europe last year.
According to Richard's friend, Jeanne Sorenson, Richard was close to completing a book about his life and musical career before he passed away. Richard is survived by his wife and four children: Richard "Ricky" Jr., Nicole, Brandy and Brandon. The funeral will be held in Cypress, California next week.
- Kate Beckinsale: Michael Bay Was Baffled Because 'My Boobs Weren't Bigger Than My Head'
- 'Maze Runner 3' Pushed Back to 2018 as Dylan O'Brien Is Still on the Mend After On-Set Accident
- PND Serenades Kylie Jenner After She Called Him Out for Deleting Her on Social Media
- Evan Rachel Wood Blasts Media Over Comments About Amber Heard's Bisexuality
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'