The Temptations' Member Richard Street Dies at 70
Motown star and former The Temptations singer Richard Street passed away on Wednesday, February 27 because of pulmonary embolism. Richard's wife, Cindy Street, said that her husband had been hospitalized for a few days.
Richard experienced back pain and breathing difficulty on Friday. When he went to the hospital, doctors found blood clot in his lung. Although the condition seemed severe, Richard did his best. Cindy said, "He was really fighting for his life. He's a fighter."
Previously, another The Temptations member passed away this month. Singer Otis "Damon" Harris died from prostate cancer on Monday, February 18, at the age of 62. In regards to the death of two The Temptations members in the same month, Cindy said that she couldn't believe it, "They're dancing up there in heaven, him and Damon. I'm in disbelief right now."
Cindy revealed that Richard "was a really good person." She added, "He was part of black history. He was always proud of that. He sang on a lot of those classic songs: 'Papa Was a Rollin' Stone', 'Hey Girl', 'Heavenly', 'Superstar', 'Masterpiece'." Cindy also said that Richard performed in 45 stages in Europe last year.
According to Richard's friend, Jeanne Sorenson, Richard was close to completing a book about his life and musical career before he passed away. Richard is survived by his wife and four children: Richard "Ricky" Jr., Nicole, Brandy and Brandon. The funeral will be held in Cypress, California next week.
- Solange Announces New Album 'A Seat at the Table', Reveals Tracklist
- Viola Davis to Lead All-Female Heist Movie From '12 Years a Slave' Director Steve McQueen
- Nick Jonas Gets Cozy With Bikini Hottie in Hawaii
- Brad Pitt Bails on Movie Screening to Focus on 'Family Situation' Amid Angelina Jolie Divorce
- 'The Strain' Renewed for Fourth and Final Season
- Justin Theroux Slams Media for Thrusting Jennifer Aniston Into Brangelina's Divorce
- Gigi Hadid on Fighting Off Her Attacker in Milan: 'I Felt I Was in Danger'
- Video Premiere: Hailee Steinfeld's 'Starving' Ft. Zedd