The Temptations' Member Richard Street Dies at 70
Motown star and former The Temptations singer Richard Street passed away on Wednesday, February 27 because of pulmonary embolism. Richard's wife, Cindy Street, said that her husband had been hospitalized for a few days.
Richard experienced back pain and breathing difficulty on Friday. When he went to the hospital, doctors found blood clot in his lung. Although the condition seemed severe, Richard did his best. Cindy said, "He was really fighting for his life. He's a fighter."
Previously, another The Temptations member passed away this month. Singer Otis "Damon" Harris died from prostate cancer on Monday, February 18, at the age of 62. In regards to the death of two The Temptations members in the same month, Cindy said that she couldn't believe it, "They're dancing up there in heaven, him and Damon. I'm in disbelief right now."
Cindy revealed that Richard "was a really good person." She added, "He was part of black history. He was always proud of that. He sang on a lot of those classic songs: 'Papa Was a Rollin' Stone', 'Hey Girl', 'Heavenly', 'Superstar', 'Masterpiece'." Cindy also said that Richard performed in 45 stages in Europe last year.
According to Richard's friend, Jeanne Sorenson, Richard was close to completing a book about his life and musical career before he passed away. Richard is survived by his wife and four children: Richard "Ricky" Jr., Nicole, Brandy and Brandon. The funeral will be held in Cypress, California next week.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival