The Temptations' Member Richard Street Dies at 70
Motown star and former The Temptations singer Richard Street passed away on Wednesday, February 27 because of pulmonary embolism. Richard's wife, Cindy Street, said that her husband had been hospitalized for a few days.
Richard experienced back pain and breathing difficulty on Friday. When he went to the hospital, doctors found blood clot in his lung. Although the condition seemed severe, Richard did his best. Cindy said, "He was really fighting for his life. He's a fighter."
Previously, another The Temptations member passed away this month. Singer Otis "Damon" Harris died from prostate cancer on Monday, February 18, at the age of 62. In regards to the death of two The Temptations members in the same month, Cindy said that she couldn't believe it, "They're dancing up there in heaven, him and Damon. I'm in disbelief right now."
Cindy revealed that Richard "was a really good person." She added, "He was part of black history. He was always proud of that. He sang on a lot of those classic songs: 'Papa Was a Rollin' Stone', 'Hey Girl', 'Heavenly', 'Superstar', 'Masterpiece'." Cindy also said that Richard performed in 45 stages in Europe last year.
According to Richard's friend, Jeanne Sorenson, Richard was close to completing a book about his life and musical career before he passed away. Richard is survived by his wife and four children: Richard "Ricky" Jr., Nicole, Brandy and Brandon. The funeral will be held in Cypress, California next week.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic