James Franco Underestimates Little Girl in New 'Oz' Clip
James Franco can't stand a crying woman in a new clip for "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The snippet focuses on a scene where Franco's Oz first encounters the tiny porcelain creature known as China Girl (voiced by Joey King).
China Girl tries to convince Oz to take her with him to hunt the witch. Oz, however, strictly refuses the idea and says, "We have one rule in show business. Never work with kids and animals." The little girl then starts crying hysterically and clutching to Oz's trousers as she begs to go with him. Eventually, the man gives up and allows her to join his adventure.
Helmed by Sam Raimi, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" imagines the origins of Baum's beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs, a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking.
That is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late.
The fantasy pic will arrive in theaters across the U.S. on March 8.
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie