James Franco Underestimates Little Girl in New 'Oz' Clip
James Franco can't stand a crying woman in a new clip for "Oz: The Great and Powerful". The snippet focuses on a scene where Franco's Oz first encounters the tiny porcelain creature known as China Girl (voiced by Joey King).
China Girl tries to convince Oz to take her with him to hunt the witch. Oz, however, strictly refuses the idea and says, "We have one rule in show business. Never work with kids and animals." The little girl then starts crying hysterically and clutching to Oz's trousers as she begs to go with him. Eventually, the man gives up and allows her to join his adventure.
Helmed by Sam Raimi, "Oz: The Great and Powerful" imagines the origins of Baum's beloved character, the Wizard of Oz. When Oscar Diggs, a small-time circus magician with dubious ethics, is hurled away from dusty Kansas to the vibrant Land of Oz, he thinks he's hit the jackpot-fame and fortune are his for the taking.
That is until he meets three witches, Theodora (Mila Kunis), Evanora (Rachel Weisz) and Glinda (Michelle Williams), who are not convinced he is the great wizard everyone's been expecting. Reluctantly drawn into the epic problems facing the Land of Oz and its inhabitants, Oscar must find out who is good and who is evil before it is too late.
The fantasy pic will arrive in theaters across the U.S. on March 8.
- Calvin Harris Is Back on Social Media Following Car Accident, Posts Almost Naked Pic
- Keri Russell and Matthew Rhys Welcome First Child
- Chris Brown Sued for Allegedly Stealing a Fan's Hat at Concert
- Listen to Previews of Justin Bieber's Remix of Drake's 'One Dance'
- Take a Look at Ciara's Exotic Vacation in Mexico With Russell Wilson and Son Future
- Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson's Daughter Impressed With His Tattoo
- Artist of the Week: Fifth Harmony
- Johnny Depp Is 'Blackmailed' by 'Manipulative' Amber Heard, Says Friend Doug Stanhope